How do fighters that cut bodyfat during camp make it through training camp?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whenever I eat a calorie deficit, my lifts lose 10-20% of their max. Endurance goes down. Recovery goes down. Energy is gone. Mentally, I feel like a little bitch. Random injuries start happening. It's like the day after drinking 6 beers but every day.

I see so many guys that seem to lose 10-20 lbs during their 8 week training camps and then cut another 10-20 lbs of water weight. I get the water weight. How are these guys that lose bodyfat over that 8 week period right before a fight competing at a high level?

are you in a calorie deficit now?

cause you sound like a little bitch too.

:)

Whenever I eat a calorie deficit, my lifts lose 10-20% of their max. Endurance goes down. Recovery goes down. Energy is gone. Mentally, I feel like a little bitch. Random injuries start happening. It's like the day after drinking 6 beers but every day.

I see so many guys that seem to lose 10-20 lbs during their 8 week training camps and then cut another 10-20 lbs of water weight. I get the water weight. How are these guys that lose bodyfat over that 8 week period right before a fight competing at a high level?

AyYY94A.gif

Askren talks weight cuts here

Good genetics. If they weren't able to do that then they wouldn't be competing at the highest level in the first place, natural selection and all that.

You're clearly doing it wrong. if you want to maintain your strength during weight cut then you have to continue to lift/workout the same & cut calories by no more than 500. I've cut weight this way like 3x in my life for several months each time & never lost energy/strength. The general guideline is to lose a lb per week, maybe more in the 1st week or 2 because you're also losing water weight, the guys who lose 20lbs in 8weeks either were fat to begin with or are starving themselves & will see diminishing returns(probably like what you did TS).

I know what you mean, but you get used to it, plus these guys are crazy mofos

Back