I prefer the huge main event, shitty undercard strategy tbh

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been watching MMA so long I need big fights to get me pumped. fights that matter

Last year was horrible!! Excluding the GSP vs Bisping fight, every main event last year was a rematch, crappy girl fight, or meh main events like Lee vs Tony.

This year they're giving us P4P fights that mean something every card.

UFC 220 Ngannou vs Miocic
UFC 221 Rockhold vs Romero
UFC 222 Max vs Edgar
UFC 223 Khabib vs Tony
UFC 224 DJ vs TJ

These are all P4P fights that actually mean something. They're new, fresh fights. As long as you give me P4P main events idc abt the undercard. tbh

I've been watching mma long enough to know that 2 shitty fighters can give me an exciting fight. Just make sure you do good match making on the undercards and give me ATG fight main events

I prefer stacked cards to no names, but your point is valid - Sometimes no names can give the craziest wars of all.

Then they BECOME names.

Just get rid of the shitty fight night cards that happen every other week and give me those fights on the PPVs instead.

Doesn't matter to me.. it's not like I'm paying for PPV's or anything..

<{danayeah}>

I prefer stacked cards to no names, but your point is valid - Sometimes no names can give the craziest wars of all.

Then they BECOME names.

Matchups matter more than names. Most of this forum didn't know Burgos or Kattar. Look at the damn fight though, lol

I've been watching MMA so long I need big fights to get me pumped. fights that matter

Last year was horrible!! Excluding the GSP vs Bisping fight, every main event last year was a rematch, crappy girl fight, or meh main events like Lee vs Tony.

UFC 222 Max vs Edgar
UFC 223 Khabib vs Tony
UFC 224 DJ vs TJ

These are all P4P fights that actually mean something. They're new, fresh fights. As long as you give me P4P main events idc abt the undercard. tbh

I've been watching mma long enough to know that 2 shitty fighters can give me an exciting fight. Just make sure you do good match making on the undercards and give me ATG fight main events
That's a similar concept to boxing, but if we are going to go that route, they should remove 3/4 of the fights from the PPV segment of the program.

Fuck that im a guy who watches the whole card.

and i get more interested in seeing a couple of UFC debuts from up and comers then shity cards with guys to long in the tooth who ive seen fight 20+ times and frankly i for sure wont ever pay to watch them fight.

Diego's, Vtor, Cheal, Cerrone is even getting to the point that you know id rather watch some young kid work his way threw the ranks.

Plus i value smarts and skill over brawn and power. So you know what i think of the HW division.

Give me honest solid match-ups across the board Please.

As if a ppv cant both a great man event & undercard
we wish that it were an economically viable option to have this more than once every 2 or 3 years. unfortunately, it seems to not be.

when asked "which do you prefer; 1) a card with 5 pretty damn good fights between top 10 contenders, or 2) a card with 1 huge fight, 1 pretty damn good fight between top 10 contenders, and the rest no-names", answering wth "i prefer 3) all title shots in my PPV card" is...well, it's an answer i suppose. but not a very thoughtful one.

TS is just suggesting he prefers 1 over 2, in my example. how about you?

Just commit to the FS1 & Fightpass cards being about prospects/development and we'd have loaded PPV/FOX cards everytime.

As it is now they waste big names and important fights on FS1 and Fightpass cards.

I liked it better when there was one PPV every month or even every other month. On those cards all the fights mattered and my whole weekend was basically centered around it. Cards now are so spread thin that every card is pretty much "eh if nothing else is going on i'll go to the bar".

I liked it better when there was one PPV every month or even every other month. On those cards all the fights mattered and my whole weekend was basically centered around it. Cards now are so spread thin that every card is pretty much "eh if nothing else is going on i'll go to the bar".

we know that's not gonna happen bc they need to sign a huge TV deal...the TV deal kinda screwed us.

But I agree 100%

back in the day the last ufc would have been

Ngannou vs Miocic
DC vs No time
Machida vs Andres
Brunson vs Jacare

Thing is with the last PPV, yeah Ngannou Vs Stipe and DC vs Volkan were decent enough fights, but they weren't anywhere near as good as Cattar vs Bugrois or Font vs Almeida.

I'm happy for the UFC to put the lesser name fighters on the main cards like this. They come to fight. I remember it being really bad once, but way too often you get these big name fighters who get way too tentative in there.

you're an idiot and you work for the ufc

UFC 222 Max vs Edgar
UFC 223 Khabib vs Tony
UFC 224 DJ vs TJ

I have been a big fan since UFC 1 and like it just the same.Way back when the anticipation was crazy though having to wait so long between events but it's much better now so it's a bit of switch off.If there's fighters you don't know or don't know a lot about go watch some footage/interviews etc. then you'll be more emotionally invested in their fights ultimately making you look forward to it more.Take an hour or so the week of an event doing this and I bet you'll look forward to these fights more.

You'll never hear me complaining about a UFC card cause I can appreciate them.I watch usually 3-5 events a week (skipping through mostly) and in general a "shitty" UFC card is way better than events like LFA which are still watchable.People just can't appreciate mma for some reason and constantly complain about fighters they don't know.If they spent less time complaining on forums and more time learning about the fighters they don't know they'd look forward to the fights more.

I prefer the huge main event, shitty undercard strategy tbh

latest

Thing is with the last PPV, yeah Ngannou Vs Stipe and DC vs Volkan were decent enough fights, but they weren't anywhere near as good as Cattar vs Bugrois or Font vs Almeida.

I'm happy for the UFC to put the lesser name fighters on the main cards like this. They come to fight. I remember it being really bad once, but way too often you get these big name fighters who get way too tentative in there.

I'm not targeting your post specifically, but I think that a lot of people just see fights as their result and not for the event.

Even when Stipe was dominating the fight, we all knew that they were 2 big heavyweight with a lot of power fighting. Anything could happen and that anticipation was part of the fight. When you know the result it's not even close to be as entertaining.

GSP and Bisping had an ok fight if you rewatch it, not that much going on until the finish but it was super exiting while it was happening. There was the GSP gas tank issue, the weight difference, every move was pretty exiting to watch because it was that guy from 4 years ago coming back.

I love action packed fights but once in a while it's good to have a ''wait for it fight'' and there's more of them at the champion vs top contender level

Can't say I like it, but I certainly expected it.

It's the boxing PPV format. Boxing doesn't even have a main card, it has a main event, undercard and shitty prelims.

As the UFC get's bigger, they have to space out there main event fighters. In the long run it's great for lesser know talent to get a chance in the spot light.

They have the ability to do both, the problem is the matchmaking has been awful lately. Why doesn't Moraes have a fight lined up? What about Lineker?

Back