Ngannou vs Prime Tim Sylvia

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They seem to have the same advantages. As ridiculed as Tim is, I think he whoops Francis by way of experience. Both have power, both have long jabs. Tim has better grappling. I think Ngannou would be vulnerable in the clinch game against the fence. What say you?

Last edited:
People will shit on Tim but in his prime that fight would have been competitive.

People will shit on Tim but in his prime that fight would have been competitive.
Tim shit on Tim, in his prime.

But he was a good fighter. And pretty well rounded for a goofy hw during a weak ufc period.

I've always said that Tim Sylvia's legacy is chronically underrated.

I think the smart money would be on Francis just because of how much the sport developed these last 10 years, but Timmeh would have a good chance, and definitely has better cardio.

Silvia was decent in his prime, the guy that fought cabbage was good, but it’s a different era and Francis would smoke him.

Yeah Francis definitely showed how much MMA has evolved......

Not about evolving, Tim is a striker and so is Francis, Sylvia isn’t as fast or powerful, Francis has a bigger reach aswell, how do you see it ending anyway other than Sylvia sleeping?

Not about evolving, Tim is a striker and so is Francis, Sylvia isn’t as fast or powerful, Francis has a bigger reach aswell, how do you see it ending anyway other than Sylvia sleeping?
He’s barely a striker. He’s a big puncher that doesn’t know how to use the reach advantage he has. Sílvia jabs him to death and has the power to finish.

Tim should box circles around him but Ngannou can definitely KO him.

Randy punched Tim in his face in the first round and it totally affected the rest of the fight. One of my favorite quotes is Dan Severn saying "Randy couture couldn't punch himself out of a wet paper bag."

Ngannou lands on Tim and it could be a really short night.

So Skyscraper 2018 champ?

Hopefully Sylvia would do better than he did against Mercer. That fight exposed the mma heavyweight division for the untalented and unskilled cookie cutters that they are.

Back