Stipe Landed the Most Damaging Blows; Rocked Francis More Than Francis Rocked Him

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
man, I wish I knew how to make gifs from video. I've watched the fight a few times now, live in person and on video a few times.

Stipe landed way more in quantity and in quality when it came to concussive blows on the feet. The few times he opened up and countered with a right hand, he sent Francis stumbling. Francis was legitimately rocked at least once, if not a few times in the stand up. This is on top of Stipe making Francis consistently miss, was a defensive striking show for Stipe as well.

Total domination.

What's the issue here? He won the fight.

man, I wish I knew how to make gifs from video. I've watched the fight a few times now, live in person and on video a few times.

Stipe landed way more in quantity and in quality when it came to concussive blows on the feet. The few times he opened up and countered with a right hand, he sent Francis stumbling. Francis was legitimately rocked at least once, if not twice in the stand up. This is on top of Stipe making Francis consistently miss, was a defensive striking show for Stipe as well.

Total domination.
Man...
I tried to convince some ngannou Stan last night that he visibly rocked him

He countered with that straight right after slipping a hook (?) and had franc twirling....crowd was on its feet when it happened

I'm not usually the petty type, but I don't like people telling me what I saw with my own two 20/20 vision eyes didn't happen
<36>

And lol at anybody talking about that mouse under his eye like it was straight out of rocky 1
Or the ones bringin up his ear...his ear? Cmon now
...shit's embarassing

Last edited:
Ummmm yea that is why he won, 3 judges also seen the same fight.
The only people who question the performance are casuals who think if both fighters leave without brain damage the fight sucked.

What's the issue here? He won the fight.
Everyone was talking about stipe 'getting rocked' in the first but he really wasn't. Only one who got rocked was Francis, he took the most damage in the stand up game. Didn't want anybody under the illusions that Francis got the better of Stipe standing

Man...
I tried to convince some ngannou Stan last night that he visibly rocked him

He countered with that straight right after slipping a hook (?) and had franc twirling....crowd was on its feet when it happened

I'm not usually the petty type, but I don't like people telling me what I saw with my own two 20/20 vision eyes didn't happen
<36>
i have horrible eye sight. i squint with my glasses on, and stipe won the striking easily aside from 1 or 2 exchanges early.

Stipe outclassed him everywhere. He outboxed Ngannou and then wrestlefucked him

True, he did dodge well and landed a 3-piece combo, some at Frank's nose and some right on the chin. A few well-timed counter rights as well, the counter momentum added force to them.

Ngannou had a helluva chin taking those shots. At least one strength for him was revealed among the ocean of flaws, lol.

Francis was a static, zombie, punching bag, even you TS could have landed at will on him, especially past the second round. Don't skew how impressive Stipe was...FN would have made anyone look like a world beater that night.

Sherdog hyperbole.

True, he did dodge well and landed a 3-piece combo, some at Frank's nose and some right on the chin. A few well-timed counter rights as well, the counter momentum added force to them.

Ngannou had a helluva chin taking those shots. At least one strength for him was revealed among the ocean of flaws, lol.

Will say, 90% prob went down from the shot. He’s so green there’s no accumulative damage

Francis was a static, zombie, punching bag, even you TS could have landed at will on him, especially past the second round. Don't skew how impressive Stipe was...FN would have made anyone look like a world beater that night.

Sherdog hyperbole.
even miocic had to box at his sharpest to pull it off and use his wrestling to control ngannou and ngannou still hurt him in the 3rd round
it was a shutout thanks to stipe's skill but ngannou is probably still the 2nd most dangerous hw in the world atm

We live in a time where people don't care about facts anymore. Nowadays it's more about how you "feel" about something or what you "chose to believe". World's going to shits and it's everybodies fault.

There are exceptions of course.

Stipe landed way more in quantity and in quality when it came to concussive blows on the feet. The few times he opened up and countered with a right hand, he sent Francis stumbling. Francis was legitimately rocked at least once, if not a few times in the stand up. This is on top of Stipe making Francis consistently miss, was a defensive striking show for Stipe as well.

Total domination.

Ngannou said at the post fight press that Stipes punches didnt hurt and that he doesnt have a KO power.

Ngannou said at the post fight press that Stipes punches didnt hurt and that he doesnt have a KO power.

The kind of mindset that doesn't train the ground because "it's boring" and think this make me worried about his future.

Everyone was talking about stipe 'getting rocked' in the first but he really wasn't. Only one who got rocked was Francis, he took the most damage in the stand up game. Didn't want anybody under the illusions that Francis got the better of Stipe standing
Stipe won everywhere, but I think he definitely felt Francis power. There were times when Francis was just standing there with his hands down and flat-footed, and Stipe was still hesitant on the feet. I don't blame either, it's a silly risk.

well, he was rocked more than stipe ever was while they were toe to toe. so.... who cares?

i mean hes objectively wrong too, but ngannou doesnt know a lot about combat sports, it turns out.

Back