Flyweight is a failure

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC's Flyweight division is a failure. You have MM and Benavidez, Cejudo. Thats all. The PPV buyrate is horrible. It should be merged with BW.

UFC's Flyweight division is a failure. You have MM and Benavidez, Cejudo. Thats all. The PPV buyrate is horrible. It should be merged with BW.

Agreed that it should be merged, way too thin on it's own.

I think the top 3 are good enough to do damage one weight class up.

Can we go back to only 2 women's divisions while we're at it? That'd be great

Flyweight is fine. You just don't like little people.

source.gif

Flyweight is fine, it just has a very dominant champion. Middleweight was always called weak while Anderson was champion. Also TJ vs MM is going to be one of the most anticipated fights of the year and it's flyweight.

It’s a fine division with a dominant champion who makes everyone look average by comparison. If Mighty Mouse moves up then Cejudo vs Benavidez II would be an excellent fight for the interim/vacant title.

If DJ wasn’t champion it would still probably have Dodson, Bagautinov, Horiguchi, etc. as well. It’s a bit like what happened to LHW with Jon Jones.

Benavidez
Cejudo
Dodson
Horiguchi
Bagautinov
Formiga
Borg
Pettis
McCall

Last edited:
Flyweight is fine. You just don't like little people.
I like little people, i like BW a lot. You have competition, TJ - Dom - Cody - Assuncao - Lineker - hope Barao 2 - Marlon Moraes - Jimmie Rivera

Flyweight is fine, it just has a very dominant champion. Middleweight was always called weak while Anderson was champion. Also TJ vs MM is going to be one of the most anticipated fights of the year and it's flyweight.
I disagree. Middleweight was just fine

Agreed that it should be merged, way too thin on it's own.

I think the top 3 are good enough to do damage one weight class up.

Wrong.

Flyweight is great. Casual fans are the worst and we should feed them to our favorite animals.

I think it's better then noothin, but what do I know I'm just a fight fan

this thread should be merged with the other 100 made on the same subject.

Don't watch them maybe.

I'm getting tired of reading the same threads and the same complaints over and over again. Nobody forces anyone to watch flyweight fights!

If you can't understand that DJ is the closest to a perfect fighter we've ever seen, which by comparison makes the division look bad, give up!

TJ vs. DJ has the ability to change what people think about the flyweight division...

Back