If repeated subconcussions cause CTE brain damage= all fighters good chins are screwed!!

Seaside

Caudillo
Banned
Reaction score
Then it means all fighters with good chins who made career out getting hit and taking it are screwed.

Dan henderson
chuck liddell
wanderlei silva
mark hunt
rampage jackson
Big Nog

meanwhile these guys will below will be okay since they go fully out once touched by hard shot

frank mir
overeem
arlovski
luke rockhold

Last edited:
If the assumption that it's repeated trauma and not total knockouts that damages your brain the most then that would indeed be the logical conclusion.

I hope Roy ends up OK. I think he holds the record for number of shots to the head in HW history by a wide margin.

so being 'glass' chin is better for MMA! I look up the study joe rogan said and it true.

Even fighters who you think have weak chins would be at risk. Outside of their numerous KO losses, they've undoubtedly taken significant head trauma during years of training. I think CTE is the biggest long term threat to MMA.

Some dude laughed at me couple of months ago when i said Overeems weak chin might be good thing for him as he seems fine in interviews and his career has lasted so long even after all the knockouts. Ill have to dig it up

Your Logic is wrong.... I think.

Not everyone has the same Durability.

Some Concus Very Easily. Some with much more difficulty. In My Opinion.

In My Opinion Those that Concus very easily are those that get K'O'd easily..........How Many here ,,Even if in great physical condition, Could take the Physical punishment of a Running back in the nfl/college? Most of us would Literally Break Down ,be Broke down Fast.

I'm sure there is more to this.... One being the psychology of getting KO'd. Maybe easier After a good solid KO' And Also Physically because of Weakening the brains ability to take a Shock.

Matthew Saad Muhammed the LHW boxing champ made a career of having a Brick Chin. Until he finally got KO'd. His durability Broke... He no longer could take a shot...At All.

His defense was A BRICK HEAD.

what the heck are you talking about? get out of this thread with this side track stuff

Some dude laughed at me couple of months ago when i said Overeems weak chin might be good thing for him as he seems fine in interviews and his career has lasted so long even after all the knockouts. Ill have to dig it up

maybe he knows that. it is crazy but the evidence shows this is real this is why all combat sports striking that are not mma can be worse because repeated strikes especially boxing and kickboxing. kickboxing at least has more KO and weapons to use.

maybe he knows that. it is crazy but the evidence shows this is real this is why all combat sports striking that are not mma can be worse because repeated strikes especially boxing and kickboxing. kickboxing at least has more KO and weapons to use.
Also the fact that there is the ten count could actually be worse than getting immediately shut down. Who knows

Apart from those 3 brutal KOs, Chuck didn't take too much damage over his career. Got out of the game just in time, IMO.

According to a graduate level neuroscience seminar I attended long ago, even soccer players who use their heads to strike a ball in play are damaging the neurons of their cerebral cortex by doing so.

If you think getting hit in the head isn't going to cause brain damage, you're probably an idiot.

lol joe rogan. i think 80% of america is walking around with cte

stop giving stupid people an excuse. me included

lol joe rogan. i think 80% of america is walking around with cte

stop giving stupid people an excuse. me included
I wish more people were aware of the dangers of American football. I know I wouldn’t have played it. Ignorance is bli...wait no it’s cte.

I wish more people were aware of the dangers of American football. I know I wouldn’t have played it. Ignorance is bli...wait no it’s cte.
close down every gym then, get rid of football, hockey, wrestling (plenty concussions in wrestling) you know what, iv seen people fall playing soccer so thats gone too.

im not sayin football isnt dangerous but jesus. "if you have ever played football, you have cte." yeah fuck off

God fans today are such pussies...

It makes me happy knowing i'm dominant to the babies worrying every knockout.

Back