Fabricio Werdum still thinks he should be next in line for title: 'I deserve this'

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“The UFC said nothing yet, but I think I’m the next one,” Werdum told reporters backstage. “I deserve this. Not just because of my last fights. But (I’ve been fighting) for 20 years. I’ve (been fighting) for a long. I think I deserve it. My goal is to put one more belt on my wall. I have two. The third one (is) coming, for sure.”

“100 percent, I will be a champion this year again …” Werdum said. “I know Stipe Miocic. I respect him. I like him. He doesn’t say nothing like bad things. He’s a nice guy, for sure. But, 100 percent: When I fought him before, I (lost). I lost (to) myself. I lost (to) me. Because of a lot of things. This time – 100 percent, he’s a good fighter. But 100 percent, I beat him. I saw this today. I’m feeling this.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/ex-cha...ould-be-next-in-line-for-title-i-deserve-this

So not so much "troll face" this time, Werdum, huh? More like a serious approach? That's great!

He would be humilated in a worse way than he was infront of his crowd in Brasil.
Im expecting either a KO again or a Mark Hunt level beating by Stipe.

Yeah, I'd say no one else is really in line for a shot, it might as well be Werdum.

Werdum and Cain have the best chance at beating Stipe IMO.

I agree. He's going to get KTFO again but he is next.

It should be Cain, but if he's not available and DC doesn't want to move up, I don't see who else is in front of Werdum.

Last fights? You lost to Reem and fought Harris and Tybura.

His recent record, and ranking means he deserves it more than anybody else. But, I’d prefer to see Cain, if he’s healthy enough.

Who knows what the UFC will do, though ?

Werdum has a real chance against Stipe, and I think his long and storied career has earned him a final shot at the title.

serious werdum is strong!
let stipe rest a little. i want to see serious werdum vs sea-level cain.

I'd like to see Werdum get another W before he gets a shot. Cain vs Werdum as a welcome back fight. Winner gets Stipe

To be fair, who else could get the next shot without waiting for over six months?

He would be humilated in a worse way than he was infront of his crowd in Brasil.
Im expecting either a KO again or a Mark Hunt level beating by Stipe.

Lol people are so tuned out of reality , it's amazing.

Werdum is on a completely different level than Stipe, just as Cain is. If you're a Stipe fan, you're 100% right to be afraid for the rematch.

I really don't see how he beats Stipe. Stipe is the better wrestler and striker and has much more pop on his hands.

That beatdown Doom gave Cain made him seem like he'd gone next level but then ...dud. Stipe is real deal legit but that first fight seemed flukey and love to see a how a whole fight would play out

Back