The reality of “boring” fights

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
I see the word boring being thrown around lately, be it in reference to last Saturday, Woodleys past couple fights or whatever. But the reality is none of these fights are “boring”.

Sure, you get your occasional shit WMMA fight or a 3 round hugfest, but fights like Stipe/Ngannou or Woodley/Maia/Wonderboy arent boring to me. Would i want to rewatch them? Probably not, but these types of fights are tense and exciting in the moment because of 1 guys ability to end it at any given time. I was on the edge of my seat during the whole main event saturday because even gassed, Ngannou showed scary power in his hands.

TL;DR: Fights can have little action and still be exciting, nobodys making you rewatch them

It's like watching some suspenseful movie where nothing happens. Afterwards you forget the suspense cuz you now know nothing actually happened, but while it was playing you were on the edge of your seat.

Ryan Hall v Gray Maynard was boring as hell

I loved that fight, it was hilarious watching hall repeatedly try to pull the same technique and gray not being able to do shit about it even though he knew it was coming lol

It's like watching some suspenseful movie where nothing happens. Afterwards you forget the suspense cuz you now know nothing actually happened, but while it was playing you were on the edge of your seat.

Perfect analogy. The Last Jedi = average “boring” mma fight

The problem isn't with someone making me re-watch the fight... it's that I had to watch it the first time around. Suspense isn't as good as actual action.

I loved that fight, it was hilarious watching hall repeatedly try to pull the same technique and gray not being able to do shit about it even though he knew it was coming lol
Most fights i'm happy with tbh but I just can't support Hall after that performance. Gray looked enraged lol

I see the word boring being thrown around lately, be it in reference to last Saturday, Woodleys past couple fights or whatever. But the reality is none of these fights are “boring”.

Sure, you get your occasional shit WMMA fight or a 3 round hugfest, but fights like Stipe/Ngannou or Woodley/Maia/Wonderboy arent boring to me. Would i want to rewatch them? Probably not, but these types of fights are tense and exciting in the moment because of 1 guys ability to end it at any given time. I was on the edge of my seat during the whole main event saturday because even gassed, Ngannou showed scary power in his hands.

TL;DR: Fights can have little action and still be exciting, nobodys making you rewatch them

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Totally agree.

Also beyond me how people blame Tyron for the fights being "boring".

He's frustrating to watch because you know what he can do but he's sooooooooo tentative. No one goes to watch Lebron to watch him bounce pass for 4 quarters. People got equally frustrated with Anderson was not engaging with Maia.

You're in the minority with that thought. I see a lot of the posters here that have been giving Woodley shit are praising Stipe. I personally found Woodley's and Stipe's performances boring as it gets. Fights like that make me feel like I'd be more entertained sleeping.

Machida's "boring" UDs were the highlight of my MMA viewership. :D No, srsly!

Back