TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Bellator 192 Salaries:

Chael Sonnen: $300,000
Quinton Jackson: $300,000

Rory MacDonald: $100,000

Did the UFC really offer him a deal less than this. I know he gets his own sponsors so i really hope he is making some decent money with that. Also I hope his pay goes up with the belt.

Did the UFC have the right to match whatever he was offered and didnt think he was worth it or did they try to give him one of those shit deals where he had to get the win to get the half of his money.

He got 59000 vs lawler and lost the last fight of his contract so...

$100,000 is decent money, even good money. A couple of fights per year, and you're pretty well off.

I know it's all relative, but let's not pretend $100,000 isn't "decent".

Bellator 192 Salaries:

Did the UFC really offer him a deal less than this. I know he gets his own sponsors so i really hope he is making some decent money with that. Also I hope his pay goes up with the belt.

Did the UFC have the right to match whatever he was offered and didnt think he was worth it or did they try to give him one of those shit deals where he had to get the win to get the half of his money.
59k to get beat half dead by Robbie.

I can’t imagine the UFC offered him less than that, but it’s far from impossible.

And I really don’t think he is making good money from sponsorship in Bellator. I’ve read other fighters saying that the sponsorship money just isn’t very good because sponsors know/think there isn’t a viewership there like the UFC. I doubt is better than Reebok money, mind.

It's pathetic when UFC pays a top 3 fighter less than 100K. Especially considering what a legendary fight lawler Vs MacDonald 2 was.

I love Coker and the guys at Bellator who actually show respect to their talent.

According to Wikipedia he earned 59,000 in his loss against Robbie.

I can’t find what he made in his loss to wonderboy.

I suspect that sponsors and a chance to be champ aided his decision making.

He was decked out in Monster apparel so they probably gave him a good payday too.

He got 59000 vs lawler and lost the last fight of his contract so...
he deserved at least 1 mill for that fight with Lawler , fight of the year IMO and put his body on the line and probably took a few years off his life . one tough SOB

Bellator 192 Salaries:

I'd imagine with sponsors he makes even more than that. I bet his take home is comfortable after taxes.

I'd imagine with sponsors he makes even more than that. I bet his take home is comfortable after taxes.

Beats the 2500 in Reebok money that's for sure. Lots of small Canadian MMA companies that would sponsor Rory

If the UFC only tried to have a 40K discount on every fight and they let Rory go to Bellator, they are the dumbest guys in the world.

This fight showed that there's legit competition outside of the UFC and that we can have big fights on cable TV.

$100,000 is decent money, even good money. A couple of fights per year, and you're pretty well off.

Nah, not to sherdoggers, they’re all making at least 7 figures.

Taxes
Coaches/Sparring partners
Proper diet / nutritionist

Not sure you take much home of that 100k

He also has these amazing things called 'sponsors,' now.

100k babaaaay

upload_2018-1-23_13-22-3.png

Taxes
Coaches/Sparring partners
Proper diet / nutritionist

Not sure you take much home of that 100k

Is he paying coaches/sparring partners out of his own pocket?

That's good money. He pocket's that 100k and uses the sponsor money to pay his team and taxes.

He was making less in the UFC and didn't have sponsors.

Back