Ngannou's cardio is always gonna be an issue

NationWideNinja

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Lets be real, Ngannou can drop muscle, pace himself, do whatever the fuck ever, but at the end of the day his cardio comes down to genetics. Of course he could improve it, but I doubt he'll ever become anything more than MAX a two round fighter.

220px-Discus_Thrower_Copenhagen.jpg

He could also work on his cardio. He's a big dude, probably not gonna be running marathons in record breaking times, but he's certainly able to improve upon cardio, as people in general are.

Learning how to pace himself and developing some good take down defense would go a long way..

Ngannou needs EPO and cardarine

USADA please sanction

*Or go away, por favor

He could also work on his cardio. He's a big dude, probably not gonna be running marathons in record breaking times, but he's certainly able to improve upon cardio, as people in general are.

Definitely, I just dont think he'll ever be that guy thats gonna be a HUGE danger in round three, barring a big bomb like he landed on Stipe. I think he could improve his cardio to the point that he's still that beast in round 2 as well, but thats pretty much his max imo.

TD defence & muscle memory... At 31, he's not old but far from a spring-chicken. He started training MMA 4 years ago. He will need to drill wrestling 24/7 to try & be able to stop some of the "elite" wrestlers who can strike as well. Standing up with him is going to be a problem for anyone, but his weakness was exposed (though known, he's just had favourable match-ups).

That said, weakness is relative cause he's looked amazing in every other fight. Francis is a beast. Stipe COULDN'T finish him even though he took him down & made him look like a fish out of water. This is an area Francis can improve, I just think it'll be difficult to catch-up.

They're going to take all the guys with shitty ground game and put them in Zuffa boxing. No real boxers of course, just bodybuilders like Ngannou swinging wildly at each other with their chins up. Casuals will love it.

He can definitely improve his cardio and his gameplan. He's gonna have to drop some power for it probably but he already has plenty to spare. I'd say people again underestimate Stipe, how he shut him down and the shots he ate doing it. Overeem literally couldn't move him in the clinch, Stipe moved him, hit him and threw him down. I really think Ngannou destroys his next opponent, unless it's a sea-level, pre-usada, pre-injury, constellation aligned Cain Velasquez.

Ngannous fighting style is based on huge explosive movements. He sprints everytime.

Who does this remind you of?

Tyron Woodley.

Now, Woodley has wrestling and better striking technique etc BUT he also sprints anytime he engages in the striking which is WHY we've seen some boring contests from him lately because he understands that he can only explode a certain amount of times in a fight before draining himself completely. That's why we see him not moving much and just waiting on his opportunity.

Now, this is at WELTERWEIGHT!!!!

Imagine being at HW, you have to be a 100 times more conservative with your energy

Learning how to pace himself and developing some good take down defense would go a long way..
This. It's not exactly his cardio that's the problem, it's the way he fought against Miocic. He used way too much energy in the first round then got taken down and controlled which sapped the rest of his energy. He just needs to relax a little and try pacing himself for 5 rounds. Also his takedown defense needs work

The birth of ECONONgannou is coming soon. Probably needs to loose about 20-25lbs to get his cardio up. Then his chin and power will go too.

He should train with a decent rugby team conditioning coach and find out what similar sized players to him do for their cardio.

Lets be real, Ngannou can drop muscle, pace himself, do whatever the fuck ever, but at the end of the day his cardio comes down to genetics. Of course he could improve it, but I doubt he'll ever become anything more than MAX a two round fighter.

220px-Discus_Thrower_Copenhagen.jpg
Having seen him in person I tend to agree, he's absolutely enormous, and carrying a ton of muscle.

Losing some weight might help, he has fast enough hands, but I find him fairly foot slow, and stationary.

But, I also think some technique would help. He was just trying to bench press and shuck Stipe off, so that'll drain you extremely quick.

Having seen him in person I tend to agree, he's absolutely enormous, and carrying a ton of muscle.

Losing some weight might help, he has fast enough hands, but I find him fairly foot slow, and stationary.

But, I also think some technique would help. He was just trying to bench press and shuck Stipe off, so that'll drain you extremely quick.

Technique, cardio training, and pacing will def make a difference. I just think that he'll always be that guy where you just have to weather the storm and have a fairly easy time afterwards.

He can just lose some weight and do some roadwork
No one with good cardio throws more power than they do pitter. Ngannou has no concept rhythm, peppering, and setting up a power shot. Even if he lost muscle and improved his gas, sustaining that level of output is impossible at hw.

Back