Who is the most talented fighter: Blaydes, Ngannou or Stipe?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Record: Blaydes 8-1 (1), Ngannou 11-2, Stipe 18-2

Years as a pro: Blaydes almost 4, Ngannou little over 4, Stipe almost 8

Best win: Blaydes: Out of prime Oliynyk, Ngannou: Out of prime Overeem, Stipe: Out of prime Werdum

Does Blaydes or Ngannou have potential to be better than current Stipe when they hit their primes?

Discuss.

Stipe has been impressing me a lot lately with his stoic resolve. If he can beat someone like Cain Velasquez he will have truly cemented his legacy in my eyes.

My conception of talent makes Francis the answer, especially considering the level he's already achieved when he didn't even know how to spell "MMA" or "UFC" five years ago.

Stipe is obviously the better athlete atm though.

Wow when i read the title for this thread I just knew it was a white belt, TS you should take some time off and reconsider your membership.

Record: Blaydes 8-1 (1), Ngannou 11-2, Stipe 18-2

Years as a pro: Blaydes almost 4, Ngannou little over 4, Stipe almost 8

Best win: Blaydes: Out of prime Oliynyk, Ngannou: Out of prime Overeem, Stipe: Out of prime Werdum

Does Blaydes or Ngannou have potential to be better than current Stipe when they hit their primes?

Discuss.
Oliynyk was definitely in his prime looking better than ever, and you are saying Werdum was out of prime?? Get real he was on a spectacular run the best of his career if that wasn't his prime i dont know what was. Stop downplaying wins even Overeem wasn't that far out of prime only slightly he was in his prime against JDS and Arlovski.

Stipe doesn't seem to have special talent or even natural gifts, but he has showed to be smart, adapt well and stick to a gameplan.

Ngannous has the physical gift, and coming from a non fighting background, he's come quite far and quite fast.

Blaydes is Young, but is naturally big and comes from a Wrestling background. Not sure if it's talent or hard work and discipline, but he seems to be tough dude too. But still a lot to learn

and you are saying Werdum was out of prime?? Get real he was on a spectacular run the best of his career if that wasn't his prime i dont know what was.

True, and I thought the same thing. But Werdum was still kinda old, and definitely not in his physical/athletic prime.

My conception of talent makes Francis the answer, especially considering the level he's already achieved when he didn't even know how to spell "MMA" or "UFC" five years ago.

Stipe is obviously the better athlete atm though.
I'd call Stipe the better fighter, not the better athlete. Depends on how you look at it.

Discuss.

Stipe proved that he is an excellent athlete, and he confidently continues to move to GOAT.Because talent is not only skills, but also character, Sturp lost twice, and especially after a knockout from Struve, many wrote off him and probably no one expected Stipe to become a champion with three successful defenses. And now Nganon needs to start from the very beginning, and his Achilles' heel has been uncovered, Nganon is a fighter of one round, without any understanding of the wrestling and skills of TDD but of course with a awful punch.

I'd call Stipe the better fighter, not the better athlete. Depends on how you look at it.

Good point. Semantics... but then again, semantics matter. I think I agree with you.

Why is Stipe so underappreciated? Its insane!

When Cain took out grandpa Nog, Lesnar, beat Bigfoot x2, JDSx2, he's constantly hailed as the HW goat by some. Stipe runs through Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, JDS, and Ngannou, and still people are making these kind of threads. Its insane.

Stipe doesn't seem to have special talent or even natural gifts, but he has showed to be smart, adapt well and stick to a gameplan.

Ngannous has the physical gift, and coming from a non fighting background, he's come quite far and quite fast.

Blaydes is Young, but is naturally big and comes from a Wrestling background. Not sure if it's talent or hard work and discipline, but he seems to be tough dude too. But still a lot to learn
What defines talent in your eyes if being smart, adapting well and sticking to gameplay isn’t talent.

Oliynyk was definitely in his prime looking better than ever, and you are saying Werdum was out of prime?? Get real he was on a spectacular run the best of his career if that wasn't his prime i dont know what was. Stop downplaying wins even Overeem wasn't that far out of prime only slightly he was in his prime against JDS and Arlovski.

Ages at the time of the fights: Werdum 38, Overeem 36, Oliynyk 40

Years as a pro at the time of the fight (On average fighters start to decline around 10 years as a pro): Oliynyk 20, Overeem 17, Werdum 14

Fights as a pro at the time of the fight: Oliynyk 63, Overeem 56 (+K1 career), Werdum 26.

They were all out of their primes. Just because HW division today is so bad doesnt mean those old farts at the top of the division are in their primes. Sorry to burst your bubble, buddeh.

Why is Stipe so underappreciated? Its insane!

When Cain took out grandpa Nog, Lesnar, beat Bigfoot x2, JDSx2, he's constantly hailed as the HW goat by some. Stipe runs through Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, JDS, and Ngannou, and still people are making these kind of threads. Its insane.

The last fighters Stipe faced who were in their primes were Roy Nelson and Struve, and he lost to Struve. Stipe himself wasnt in his prime then, though.

124996.jpg

Pretty sure it’s why he has that belt

Since you can't know for sure how good they will be, judge it by their first 4 years. Frank's shown more talent in those than Stipe or Blaydes, and he's clearly the best athlete out of them.

Since you can't know for sure how good they will be, judge it by their first 4 years. Frank's shown more talent in those than Stipe or Blaydes, and he's clearly the best athlete out of them.

Thats fair, my pick would probably be Ngannou as well. But his cardio is a huge problem, and Im not sure he can ever improve that enough.

Back