Ben Askren on JRE

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I enjoyed it

love or hate him, It's always enjoyable listening to him speak and breaking down his career and MMA in general.

respect.

Is he hinting at making a return to MMA whats the deal?

Askren vs Khabib for the king of #1 bullshit (and best grappler in MMA rn).

Is he hinting at making a return to MMA whats the deal?

My cliffs from another post...

The fact he is talking about one more seems to be good. Not many retire when they still have the itch for another fight. Although the problem is even for a fight like Rory. I'm not convinced Bellator would give it. No one wants to give a guy a title fight on a 1 fight contract only to have them quit right after like GSP. Especially if they won't bring in a GSP sized audience.

How was the podcast overall?
I liked it (not saying much).

Talked up hating to watch a guy be afraid to leave guard in the fifth round of a fight that he figures is 2-2 (Lima) instead of giving up his back at the risk of a choke to give himself a better chance of getting to his feet to kick Rorys bum leg.

Talked up Khabib being great and says Tony neatly gets a few submissions but fails and Khabib beats him up.

Talked about Folkstyle (college) being better than Freestyle because those guys get takedowns like Yoel but rarely can keep a guy held down.

Talked about the UFC contract deal. Had a few new details about it that I previously hadn't heard.

Mentioned he will likely coach the rest of his life but probably not at a college because he likes being his own boss and doesn't want to have to worry about getting fired over being himself on twitter.

Poorly played.

Unless you're an absolute clueless noobie who started watching MMA last year.

Either way, a fuckin fail.

<Fedor23>

I just can't stand Ben Askren. Boring fighter who has always been extremely entitled.

Back