Chael Sonnen's resume

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How does it make you feel when you realize that Chael Sonnen is going to end his career with wins over Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage Jackson, and in a few more fights might be adding Fedor and Frank Mir to that list.

Why is a mid level fighter who is the same age as those guys getting wins over them. When in their prime, many believe would have destroyed him. Crazy aint it?

I could not imagine him beating frank mir or fedor tho, at least those guys are in or around his weight class

FatPage looked like Derrick Lewis in there.

He smashes fedor next! Bank on that. That's assuming he survives mir

If he had worked on his shit sub defense harder earlier in his career he’d have a win over Anderson also.

And many others.

Considering he's picking them off in their twilight years, it makes me feel like he's the MMA equivalent of a vulture.

A gangster vulture, though.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Four-Pack Revolution, UFC champion Chael Sonnen's guide to how to live a healthy life in a sustainable way, is in stores now! Get your copy today!

Four-Pack_cover.jpg

Amazon: click here!
Barnes & Noble: click here!
goatse: don't click here!

Last edited:
If he had worked on his shit sub defense harder earlier in his career he’d have a win over Anderson also.

And many others.

And if he would have lasted a little more against Jones, that broken finger would have made him double champion.

Considering he's picking them off in their twilight years, it makes me feel like he's the MMA equivalent of a vulture.

A gangster vulture, though.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Four-Pack Revolution, UFC champion Chael Sonnen's guide to how to live a healthy life in a sustainable way, is in stores now! Get your copy today!

Four-Pack_cover.jpg

Amazon: click here!
Barnes & Noble: click here!
goatse: don't click here!

I mean it's not like Chael is young

How does it make you feel when you realize that Chael Sonnen is going to end his career with wins over Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage Jackson, and in a few more fights might be adding Fedor and Frank Mir to that list.

Why is a mid level fighter who is the same age as those guys getting wins over them. When in their prime, many believe would have destroyed him. Crazy aint it?
Sonnen isn’t a scrub. Beat he also isn’t a world beater either. He gets a lot of flack for talking trash and selling fights and ends up getting finished badly in all of them.

However, Sonnen is a veteran and beating the likes of Rampage, Wanderlei and Shogun are impressive only because he is from an old era of fight in like these guys.

Let’s not forget that he also has good wins over Filho (when he was undefeated), Bisping, Okami, And Marquardt. He went to a draw with Akihiro Gono (Chael should’ve won imo) who beat the likes of prime Hector Lombard and Gegard Mousasi

Fighting guys on the down swing of their career makes your own career look better.

Gumby could/should come out of retirement and finish him for a fourth time.<{coachie}>

Sonnen isn’t a young fighter either. 40 years old and has around 50 fights
Yeah but he didn't start as early as Wand, for example. Wand was doing bare-knuckle NHB fights when Chael was still a college wrestler.
Wand was fighting the van Arsdale's and Vitor's of the world when Chael was sitting in math class.

Even when Chael got into MMA he didn't start fighting decent competition until 2004ish. Wand was already through the ringer at that point as an 8 year vet.
It's not the same.

Last edited:
But not Tito... I guess rest didn't pay for "The Chael Fix".

Wrestlers always do better at old age than strikers. It has been like that forever. Without the random tests, it is also much easier for the older guys to stay competitive.

But you are wrong about Chael being a mid level fighter. He has always been world class, and a top ranked fighter for years, but I don't see him beating Mir or Fedor.

Not really surprising. For some reason Chael is usually criminally underrated. Yeah his striking has never been the best, but that actually adds to his case. Take this recent fight for example, all rampage had to do for months was basically practice stuffing takedowns, and chael took him down anyway. He's kinda like Maia in that regard where you know exactly what his game plan is but he does it anyway. I'd put him with DC and gsp as the best mma wrestlers

Last edited:

he's in shape for these fights. the guys he's matching up with are in their worst shape ever.

Back