Souza vs Brunson: Who wins and how? What´s next for the winner?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The fight is this Saturday.
Souza won their 1st fight a long time ago by KO. But Brunson is a different animal nowadays.
methodgetsjacare3-08-19-12-10-56-13-517.gif

Who do you think is gonna win and how? And what´s next for the winner?

Gotta go with Jacare again. Not sold on Brunson.

Souza by submission, either way it is not a fight that goes 5 rounds

Jacare either finishes him or Jacare is past his prime.

Not buying Brunson

Brunson by KO.

Jacare's time is up.

The riverbank has eroded and is unable to salute other pigeons.

Brunson is basically the same fighter he was when they first fought. If he manages to catch a lazy Jacare then he can win, otherwise he is basically cannon fodder

Jacare either finishes him or Jacare is past his prime.

Not buying Brunson

It's funny how if a fighter loses to another fighter whom is below them in the rankings then they are 'past their prime'.

It's funny how if a fighter loses to another fighter whom is below them in the rankings then they are 'past their prime'.

I’m just saying it ahead of time. He ain’t lost to Brunson yet. I expect Jacare to win.

Brunson has had a run of catching Brazilians past their prime...and Jacare is 38.

And it’s funny your earlier post in the thread basically said Jacare is past his prime.

I'll go with Jacare. Winner should fight Weidman.

What does Jacare just fight Brunson and Camozzi in an infinite loop

I’m just saying it ahead of time. He ain’t lost to Brunson yet. I expect Jacare to win.

Brunson has had a run of catching Brazilians past their prime...and Jacare is 38.

He's either past his prime or he isn't - you gotta make up your mind before the fight takes place.

Just because a fighter loses doesn't mean he was past his prime. It's a sport, unexpected things happen all of the time. Was Cockhold past his prime when he lost to Bisping? Is he back in his prime now that he defeated Branch?

I agree Jacare is slowing down and he doesn't have much left, and I'm willing to say that he is already past his prime.

He's either past his prime or he isn't - you gotta make up your mind before the fight takes place.

Just because a fighter loses doesn't mean he was past his prime. It's a sport, unexpected things happen all of the time. Was Cockhold past his prime when he lost to Bisping? Is he back in his prime now that he defeated Branch?

I agree Jacare is slowing down and he doesn't have much left, and I'm willing to say that he is already past his prime.

He’s probably past his prime. I’m just not entirely sure a past his prime Jacare loses to Brunson...but if he did, well he’s past it anyway.

The overarching and slightly tongue in cheek point was that Brunson won’t get credit should he win...not from me anyway because I don’t think he’s that good and it would mean to me that Jacare is through because he lost to Brunson.

I’m betting on a shite Jacare showing up thanks to USADA and his age.

And it’s funny your earlier post in the thread basically said Jacare is past his prime.

Jacare is def past his prime athletically now. He's not quite as explosive as he used to be. He's still a beast, but, just watch his recent fights with ones from 4-5 years ago. His technique with most things is better now though, well, as it relates to MMA. Doubt his BJJ is as good as it was when he was at the top of the BJJ game too.

With that said, if Jacare isn't on point here, he's being KO'd. If he is, I think he gets a RNC in 2.

I'd like to see the winner here face off vs Weidman. Loser vs Gastelum is fine.

Back