Stipe's greatest UFC HW claim

L0ki

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Yes, he did break the record for title defenses finally with a whopping 3.

Looking at what he actually did....

Ngannou is a good win. He's 2-1 in big fights, so I don't think a win over Francis does a whole lot to bolster someone's record, especially in the all time sense.

That said, I'm not counting Francis out. Had no idea that he has only been training for 5 years but based off of seeing the vid of his only loss, it looks about right. He fights like an entirely different person. He just needs more time and big fights. I thought he had been at it for a lot longer. Still laugh my newt sack off when Reem said "that man is older than I am!".

Stipe is definitely very good and certainly makes a strong case.

Looking at all obstacles, I think he needs to fight Cain before that can actually be settled.

The Cain does have a loss to Werdum and JDS, though he avenged the JDS one pretty convincingly to where no one was interested in a 4th fight even though Junior wanted it.

What do you guys think?

Does he have greatest UFC HW title along with the defenses or should he fight Cain before he can accurately make the claim?

Or if Cain comes back and beats Werdum in a rematch does he have the title?

Last edited:
Stipe has been on an awesome run. Not far from being one of the best ever at Heavyweight if he keeps it up. But I would buy a Stipe - Cain PPV. Only if he is healthy... ;) While we are waiting on that. Rematch Werdum.

i thought ngannou was a A level athlete, once in a million kind of fighter tho?

what about being the worlds hardest puncher? are all these lies now that hes been exposed?

Stipe has been on an awesome run. Not far from being one of the best ever at Heavyweight if he keeps it up. But I would buy a Stipe - Cain PPV. Only if he is healthy... ;) While we are waiting on that. Rematch Werdum.

Werdum Cain II would be good.

Cain has been so ridiculously inactive that I think he should have to show a level of consistency in hopes he doesn't pull a Connie and clog the hel out of a division.

Just realized he's 35, not that it says a ton.

I think, relative to UFC, if Cain can come back and beat Fabricio, he would hold or solidify the title. On paper, his resume looks a bit more impressive than Stipe's.

Last edited:
I've never really understood all this love for Cain...the dude has literally spent almost his entire career fighting only 2 people...JDS and Silva. Plus, I think Stipe beat JDS in more convincing fashion than Cain did. Not only that but considering how often Cain fights I almost think he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Stipe. Part of being a great champion is actually defending your belt and fighting anyone, all challengers accepted.

Part of being a champion is being able to show up and defend your name, Stipe has and is fighting the best options available it is not his problem Cain trains to hard and does not know how to train without injuring himself. In the NFL the players who get injured are always injured on Sunday never in practice or rarely especially an injury that will keep them out for months or years at a time. Stipe is a great guy and does not insult the people he fights so that would not make him a casual fan favorite so they are going to find any way they can to poke holes in his game.

Criticism fail

I'd like to see the Werdum rematch. Werdum was doing well then literally started chasing Stipe around the cage like an idiot. I want to see him be patient, because Stipe can't use his wrestling against Werdum without risking being subbed. He'd have to keep it standing. If he beats Werdum again them I'm sold on him being the best heavyweight.

I'd like to see the Werdum rematch. Werdum was doing well then literally started chasing Stipe around the cage like an idiot. I want to see him be patient, because Stipe can't use his wrestling against Werdum without risking being subbed. He'd have to keep it standing. If he beats Werdum again them I'm sold on him being the best heavyweight.

Werdum was doing pretty well against Stipe.

A number of posts have it on here like it was a complete blow out but after seeing the fight a few times Fabricio was landing a lot. Actually had him ahead until he went postal.

Part of why I think he went postal was because he was landing so often and probably just thought he could put Miocic away.

Stipe has shown a helova chin, though.

Werdum was doing pretty well against Stipe.

A number of posts have it on here like it was a complete blow out but after seeing the fight a few times Fabricio was landing a lot. Actually had him ahead until he went postal.

Part of why I think he went postal was because he was landing so often and probably just thought he could put Miocic away.

Stipe has shown a helova chin, though.
I really think Werdum is the most dangerous fighter in the UFC. His striking is getting better all the time and he's the last fighter you'd want to take to the ground. This rematch is the fight to make and if he beats Stipe I'd like to see Cain get the rematch next. I'm looking forward to the heavyweight division this year as long as Cain stays healthy, lol. We can only hope. DC vs Gus is my third favorite upcoming fight with Tony vs Khabib being first.

Back