UFC Championship fights where both fighters are in their prime

JayJayMMA

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
To me Khabib and Ferguson is one fight I have been waiting for, there aren't too many fights for a title where both fighters are in their prime and it is for a title shot. The resumes of each fighter and the build up to the fight leave fans believing either can win and dominate the rest of the division going forward.

My top 5 fights where at the time of the fight I felt that either fighter has a way of winning and each has a resume strong enough in the division that makes me feel either can be a dominant champ going forward:

1. Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier (1)
2. Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos (1 and 2)
3. Ferguson and Khabib
4. BJ and Matt Hughes
5. TJ and Cody

Hon mention: Randy and Chuck (1 and 2)

What are yours?

Rampage Jackson vs Dan Henderson.

:meow:

11717334_10153372276881276_4995413962289267035_o.jpg

GSP Vs Fitch
Edgar Vs Bendo
Weidman Vs Rockhold
Caïn Vs JDS

Fedor vs Nog I

And that fight was epic

I wanted to keep it to 5 so limited it to the UFC though that is one of my favourite fights and it was when everyone thought Big nog was going to have a long reign as champion.

cain jds 1 and 2

Rampage Jackson vs Dan Henderson.

:meow:
that fight is forever in my mind engrained as a bizzaro fight. dan henderson won the early striking exchanges landing some decent bombs and takes rampage down for the first 2 rounds. then dan got tired and rampage wreslted him back for the last 3 rounds.

I wanted to keep it to 5 so limited it to the UFC though that is one of my favourite fights and it was when everyone thought Big nog was going to have a long reign as champion.
Oooooooopsy

Then how about GSP vs BJ I?

Anderson vs Rich Franklin, I was a huge Franklin fan at the time and Silva just took his fucking soul.

My favorite title fight of 2 guys in their prime, of all time is still Fedor Crocop, but if we are limiting it to UFC then yeah, MacDonald Lawler as posted above
KlutzyFaroffHairstreakbutterfly.gif

Silva Rampage 2 also
11vrtc6.jpg

I'm Pride biased, sorry :)

Tito vs Frank Shamrock
I suppose Tito was in his prime at that time, good mention. His longevity was cut short by injuries.

Annoying personality, but I think he could have reached far greater heights.

I think Miocic - Ngannou was the most excited I'd been for a HW title fight since Fedor - Crocop. It didn't quite live up to the hype as much as that, but it was still a thrilling bout.

Dillashaw - Garbrandt was another I was reallly excited about, and that did not disappoint. I hope we can get a rematch soonish.

My favorite title fight of 2 guys in their prime, of all time is still Fedor Crocop, but if we are limiting it to UFC then yeah, MacDonald Lawler as posted above
KlutzyFaroffHairstreakbutterfly.gif

Silva Rampage 2 also
11vrtc6.jpg

I'm Pride biased, sorry :)

No need to apologise :) Pride ensured fighters gave their all in their fights so many awesome fights in that org

Back