Fact check: Tony just got his black belt, Khabib mauled blackbelts half a decade ago

Gabkicks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Tony was a brown belt until just a couple of months ago in BJJ.

Khabib was winning black belt BJJ tournaments and sambo world championships back in 2010-2012, 5 years ago... when Tony was still a baby at jiu jitsu and fighting on TUF

Anyone who says Tony can submit Khabib is crazy. This is normal fresh black belt BJJ vs elite world class grappling

Probably one of the best threads on Sherdog

Khabib could probably hang with some ADCC guys by now, look how slick he is against an elite jiu jitsu black belt (Leandro Vieira)

M8K3DA.gif

but he got his black belt under Rashad Evans so his bjj game is one of the most dangerous in ufc history

you can buy a blackbelt. you cannot buy cajones

Tony is better on the ground than everyone Khabib has fought.

I don't think anybody is subbing Khabib from the bottom. Brian Ortega is the only guy with the ability to do it but he's in another weight division.

Tony's bottom game is very good even if he doesn't submit you he'll keep threatening you with it making it hard to mount any offence from the top. He pretty much won the fight against Danny Castlio from the bottom.

There's level to all belts.
Jon Jones is a blue belt And somewhere there's a grandma whos showed up too class for 7 years and has her purple belt

Also stylistically Tonys Guard is what makes the khabib fight interesting, allot of other "black belts" just been doing bjj for a long time and understand the game but aren't as threating off their back.

What bjj tournament has Khabib even competed in muchless won? TS is delusional. 10th planet has best guard game in all of the bjj no gi world, Khabib never faced someone like Ferg.

I have never trained a day in my life, but even I know some schools hand out black belts like candy. I know a guy who has hardly trained a year and already has a purple belt.

Back