Holloway/Aldo and Rose/JJ Similarity

Frederick Burns

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Considering Holloway/Aldo 2 ended almost exactly like the first fight, it got me thinking about another instant rematch.

The first fights both featured young-blood challengers who came in stone cold, managed distance better and utilized better timing to set up long, crisp shots. They both remained fully humble yet utterly confident in the face of the GOATS of the division.

Max ran it back. Thug Rose does the same - Round 1 KO

Champs shouldn't get rematches if they were finished.

I get that it may have been in a contract, but in that case the contract should have said rematch clause (as long as you don't get finished)

JJ got demolished. If she loses again she is in no man's land at 115.

The fight would sell better if JJ was coming off a win. Who really wants to see an instant rematch where the loser got curbstomped?

There is no upside to this instant rematch being scheduled.
Bad matchmaking.

GOATS? lol
Joanna got her ass stomped she could not figure Rose out from the get go and people say it was a lucky punch etc which is funny to me.
The word lucky is used in conjunction with the word excuse and a lame one

I disagree with the thread direction thus far. JJ had 5 successful title defenses before losing to Rose, tying Matt Hughes for 7th all time. If anyone a deserves a rematch, it is her.

I think she regains the title.

There's alot of differences tho Aldo was already declining as an athlete Conor took his soul, and his one win since was a display of world class running to win. Max was a well respected #1 Aldo definitely respect him beforehand.
Rose was badly overlooked by JJ and fans and fighters. JJ definitely has better tools and will prepare for Rose this time. I'm expecting a competitive fight but I still favour Rose she always looks better than the last time we see her.

Never said I like the Rose/JJ rematch....hate it in fact. Rose destroyed her, with skill not luck, to an extent that should have forced Joanna to at least fight one contender first.

Back