Why is Vitaly Minakov not in the UFC???

Seaside

Caudillo
Banned
Reaction score
He is undefeated could be cast and advertise as next GOAT

he will be 33 this year and is 21-0 with 19 finishes. 7 by submission and 12 finish by tko/ko

Last edited:
He’s rather get paid tons more without jumping through all the hoops

It’s a goddamn shame too because he would lay waste to the majority of the division. Stipe and Werdum are the only 2 guys I see giving him a fight

If I'm Dana White I'm doing everything I can to get Minakov to fight Stipe and to get Askren to fight GSP, biggest MMA card of all time right there, at least for the hard core fans.

Why deal with the UFC if you don't have to?

He couldn't sign with the UFC even if he wanted to, he's still under contract with Bellator.

he will be 33 this year and is 21-0 with 19 finishes. 7 by submission and 12 finish by tko/ko

simple bellator wont release him

He couldn't sign with the UFC even if he wanted to, he's still under contract with Bellator.

he must really not like bellator management cause he still wont talk to them even with all the people from the ufc that they added.
that why they had to strip him cause he wouldn't fight anyone on the roster

If I'm Dana White I'm doing everything I can to get Minakov to fight Stipe and to get Askren to fight GSP, biggest MMA card of all time right there, at least for the hard core fans.

sabotage tony make Khabib get that belt.

hope joanna get belt back

haha Cyborg beat Nunes etc

Might be a Heavyweight Shinya Aoki. Content with making money beating up cans abroad instead of facing the best.

Not that I blame him, but his biggest win lately is over Bigfoot who is just sad to watch these days like Gomi.

simple bellator wont release him

Typically MMA contracts have a bout(3-4 fights) and time duration(2-3 years). It's been almost 4 years since the Kongo fight in Bellator. You'd think the provision would lapse at some point.

Regardless, the UFC could sign him, then fight Bellator in court stating that the clause is unreasonable. A typical non-compete can only last 1-2 years.

Typically MMA contracts have a bout(3-4 fights) and time duration(2-3 years). It's been almost 4 years since the Kongo fight in Bellator. You'd think the provision would lapse at some point.

Regardless, the UFC could sign him, then fight Bellator in court stating that the clause is unreasonable. A typical non-compete can only last 1-2 years.
You realize that the UFC is in love with 8-10 fight contracts.

Then going to court to try and break a bellator contract would probably do not harm to the UFC in the future.

Ex
Jacare - signed an 8 fight contract before the Whitaker fight
Alvarez - signed a 10 fight contract after leaving Bellator
Benson - turned down 8 fight contract to go to Bellator

Russian records are meaningless. Might as well be a video game record.

Because we've got enough generic Russians

well so far that not happened yet.

bellator stripped him in may of 2016 and he fought 4 times since then. so he must have no desire to talk to bellator about a returning

Back