DC might retire this year or in 2019.

Damn... Regardless if he chooses to retire or not, war DC.

I will always be a fan and will be sad to see him go.

Did anyone else think for a moment during the postfight interview that he was going to retire then and there?

If Jones comes back somehow soon, I want to see the 3rd fight.

Let him get a chance for redemption.

Love DC. If he stuck to HW I think he had a chance to be GOAT but great career either way.

ya he's always said he won't fight in his 40's. he turns 40 next year.

he should retire now

and out of respect

let shogun beat him

champ.jpg

What a career for DC. This is kind of good news tho. If he's retiring soon then he won't have to worry about getting in the way of Cain's plans. Cormier vs Stipe should be made right away! Then DC vs Gus 2 for his retirement fight or defending the HW belt would be a cool way to end his career.

Too bad he didn't get into MMA until late in his life. He is an extraordinary fighter.

Be good to see DC retire. Not getting any younger and besides, apart from not beating Jones he one of the great LHW that there has been and he's beaten them all.

He has nothing left to prove but would love to see one or two fights from him at least before he calls it a day.

He should hetire and live the good life working the broadcast booth and fox desk

I think they should not have any active fighters doing regular commentary or desk work. Should be all retired vets and a couple dorks thrown in like Anik

Hespect to DC, a great fighter and a good man

dc is the real champ. i hope he gos out happy on his terms.

I wish we could have seen DC fight for a few more years. As a huge fan, I feel like I'm getting robbed, but I understand his position on his career. I will miss him though<DCrying>

Crazy idea:

Miocic vs Cormier and then Jones vs Lesnar if they both return in 2018. Basically a 4-man tournament.

Meanwhile hold an 8-man tournament for the LHW belt:

With AJ:
Rumble vs Misha
Gus vs OSP
Volkan vs Shogun
Glover vs Manuwa

Without AJ:
Gus vs OSP
Volkan vs Shogun
Glover vs Anderson
Manuwa vs Misha

He's GOAT if he retires without a future loss. If JBJ can't be GOAT cause of dickpills then by defualt DC becomes the next GOAT, considering his achievments (being undefeated & all) as a champ in LHW & his wins at HW.

Back