Can we give some props to Ngannous chin and heart???

TheRealWill

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First congrats to Stipe on becoming the most successful HW champ in UFC history. Great performance against a very dangerous opponent.

Secondly, I was very impressed with Ngannou's chin. He took a couple HUGE shots right on the chin in the 1st and 2nd rounds and didn't even flinch. He also took a big combo in one of the later rounds when he was totally exhausted. Not only did he eat it like nothing, he returned fire and landed a big shot of his own, forcing Stipe to shoot in. Also, the GNP wasn't exactly ferocious, but he landed like 250 punches including some big punches and elbows that put lesser men out. Again, this was while he was already gassed, and he just took it.

Finally, he never gave up. Never looked for a way out. Didn't Rumble over to his stomach and give up his neck. He fought til the bitter end and gave his all. Hopefully he realizes he needs to work on some things and takes his training seriously and comes back better than ever.

Congrats again to Stipe and Francis has nothing to be ashamed of, he got out classed by the best ever, but never gave up.

PS....I'm on mobile and can't add gifs, so if anyone would like to add some of Ngannou eating those shots standing I'd greatly appreciate it.

1ik7ih.gif

Yeah. He took some really big right hands from Stipe and took them really well. He has a good chin.

Stipe too took several big shots from Ngannou and didn't go down.

And I give him credit for not quitting, but I still think Stipe could have finished him anytime starting at the end of the second if had really worked for a RNC rather than just trying to exhaust and control Ngannou. Or if he had started wailing on him like he did Hunt in the same position.

This is what I'v been thinking.

The guy overestimated himself. I was here thinking during the fight, how much he must be angry with himself for underestimating his challenge. The guys talent is immense. He will become champion without a doubt.

Yeah. He took some really big right hands from Stipe and took them really well. He has a good chin.

And I give him credit for not quitting, but I still think Stipe could have finished him anytime starting at the end of the second if had really worked for a RNC rather than just trying to exhaust and control Ngannou. Or if he had started wailing on him like he did Hunt in the same position.
Very very easy to lose pposition on a guy like that. If stipe took his back, which Stipe never does to anyone, and fails the RNC, then what? What if Ngannou is able to turn and then Stipe is on his back with Francis in his guard? Not my idea of fun.

Very very easy to lose pposition on a guy like that. If stipe took his back, which Stipe never does to anyone, and fails the RNC, then what? What if Ngannou is able to turn and then Stipe is on his back with Francis in his guard? Not my idea of fun.

I get what you are saying, but the one time that Stipe went for the RNC he had it easily except the bell rang. I think if he had gone for that sooner or at anytime in the later rounds, it was his easily.

Ngannou waited like ten seconds to stand up at the end of every round starting in the 2nd. Stipe had control, I don't think Ngannou was just waiting for Stipe to make a mistake and get up, he was just trying to rest.

I get what you are saying, but the one time that Stipe went for the RNC he had it easily except the bell rang. I think if he had gone for that sooner or at anytime in the later rounds, it was his easily.
Maybe. Although the margin for error is small enough with Francis. When you add the hype and the potential to break the defense record? Not a chance worth taking imo. 50-44 is pretty sexy too lol maybe not a submission finish but I can't fault the guy.

Yeah, but neither JDS on fights vs Stipe or Cain.
Its probably a matter of time, Ngannou is fresh and not washed up yet.

For sure.

His body gave up, but Francis never did

Lay in the ground while Stipe was resting is not Heart.

If they're selling you someone as a one in a million/ phenomenal athlete/ hardest hitter in the World etc. and you end up happy that at least he wasn't KTFO and didn't quit on the stool, then you've been scammed and you deserved it.

I'll have to go back and watch but Stipe seemed really tired as well, it took everything he had to wear Ngannou down to the point where Ngannou couldn't move anymore.

not really, he was born with a massive mandible and Stipe wasn't trying to finish him, he just layed there without a clue of how to get up.

If they're selling you someone as a one in a million/ phenomenal athlete/ hardest hitter in the World etc. and you end up happy that at least he wasn't KTFO and didn't quit on the stool, then you've been scammed and you deserved it.
lol one doesn't have to have anything to do with the other. You can still respect the mans heart and chin without drinking all the Kool-Aid DW spit out before the fight.

50-45 no props for you.

Was hyped to the gills as a killer and world beater. You don't get 50-45'd

Back to the drawing board.

50-45 no props for you.

Was hyped to the gills as a killer and world beater. You don't get 50-45'd

Back to the drawing board.

Stipe had 4 straight 1st round finishes before that fight, including wins over JDS, Werdum and Overeem. I realize Ngannou probably doesn't have your elite MMA skillset, but still, I think we can give him props for durability

Back