Stipe Miocic vs Stefan Struve

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
I didn't watch this fight. How did pillow hands/glass jaw Stefan Struve TKO Stipe? Was Stipe really green?

Does Struve have the secret sauce to dethrone Stipe?

Stipe was green and Struve eye-gouged him and finished it by TKO, Miocic was not even down, he couldn't see - - - people mention it like its a big loss, when Fedor and Cain have experienced worst - - Miocic is the only GOAT contender with no legit loss in my opinion

To get perspective on the Struve fight, going into it Stipe had only been fighting for two and a half years (total of nine pro fights). That's practically noob status. Struve on the other hand had been fighting for seven years, 30 pro fights (25-5) and was on fire, with a 95% finish rate......

Eye poke from struve and a foot slipping from Stipe happened in the last 10 seconds before the finish.

It's stupid to take anything away from Struve in that win, eye poke or not. He was better in that fight in the end. But they were in very different stages of their career over 5 years ago. I believe it wouldn't be much of a contest today.

Stipe was a rookie. That was his 4th fight in the UFC, against a fighter who had already fought 11 times in the UFC.

I didn't watch this fight. How did pillow hands/glass jaw Stefan Struve TKO Stipe? Was Stipe really green?

Does Struve have the secret sauce to dethrone Stipe?

Here's an idea Dick head

Go watch the fight

Oh wait your a butt hurt Ngannou cuck boy that just wants to bring up the fact Stipe has an L

Except no one cares because he's a fucking monster killer
And everyone has to take an L at some point

Stipe kills him now, great fighters grow and evolve.

There was the eye poke and slipping, but Stipe also overrated Struve's gound game and never tried to use his wrestling.
At that stage Stipe was mainly a counterpuncher who only hurt people when they came after him, so Struve's size and reach posed some problems for him.
Still, in the end it was a great learning experience and Stipe became a better fighter, the main mistake was probably overrating Struve's ground game and not using his wrestling at all, at the time it was a big upset, Stipe was seen as the best up an coming HW in the UFC and then he got beaten by Struve.
After that most people picked Roy Nelson to beat him and him winning that fight was actually seen as an upset.

Another factor besides those mentioned above: Stipe was just starting to have a hype train of his own. 4th UFC fight, and he's in the main event. And he's the substantial favorite over the fighter with far more fights than him.

Sound familiar?

He himself confessed after that loss: "I fell for my own hype. I had too many people saying I couldn't be beat, and I actually fell for it." Which is why he also said at the time that the loss was the best thing that could have happened for his career. It taught him a lesson that I had hoped Ngannou would have gotten earlier than last Saturday, but maybe's he's learning it now.

Back