Anyone else feel like Tony vs. Khabib will look just like…

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Previous Khabib fights? Ragdoll city. Ground and pound to Bolivian.

I don’t think Tony is known for his great TDD neither.

I do not, however when Khabib is fighting it is always a possibility.

This is a huge toss up fight for me.

I'm interested to see how Tony deals with Khabib from his back because Khabib will most likely put him there and Tony has proven to be great in that position vs. various people.

I think Tony will definitely be put on his back and early. Difference here between Tony and guys like Barboza and Johnson is that Tony is active off his back. He’s going to make Khabib work for it. Question here is if Tony can finish or do enough to win a decision from bottom position.

I think Tony will definitely be put on his back and early. Difference here between Tony and guys like Barboza and Johnson is that Tony is active off his back. He’s going to make Khabib work for it. Question here is if Tony can finish or do enough to win a decision from bottom position.
It’ll also be interesting to watch khabibs cardio. He will have to use a lot more effort keeping tony down and keeping his position. It may become harder for him to get late round takedowns than it was vs other opponents

same. i dont see a way tony wins this fight

Where is your belt now Tony!?

I love el cucey as a fighter but If he gets mounted like he got against Kevin lee then he Will have serous brain damage , even If he wins somehow

Previous Khabib fights? Ragdoll city. Ground and pound to Bolivian.

I don’t think Tony is known for his great TDD neither.

That's how I see it. I don't see the bibber not being able to follow a granby which is going to be a problem for tonys defense. I see bieb on him like white on rice .

Yes. Staph Infected Kevin Lee was imposing his will on Tony before he gassed. He even had a full mount. Can you imagine what The Eagle would do if he had a full mount? Tony's corner would immediately throw in the towel.

Khabib will manhandle Tony and it won't be close.

Barring a flying knee, elbow, or some other flash KO, Tony has NOTHING for Khabib.

Tony has an impressive win-streak, but it is like a house of cards. Arlovski too had an impressive win streak recently.

The question to me is what will Tony offer from his back

If Tony is smart enough to realise he's gonna be put on his back and works on elbows and submissions from his back, I think he could pull it off

Absolutely, only person at LW who can and will stop Khabib is Alvarez. Tony is the epitome of a hypejob. What happened to LW fighters who knew how to wrestle. Seriously, it's like they don't even try.

Fergy is going to surprise a ton of people in this fight.

Khabib has no chance standing with Tony, at all. Not even a punchers chance due to Fergy chin and grit.

Khabib's best bet will be his ground game like everyone knows, but el Cucuy is a ninja on the ground as well. This is a true test for Khabib and I think he'll get mauled.

Alvarez and (moreso) Kevin Lee are the toughest fights at LW for Khabib.

I envision one of the most grueling fights of all time, a lot of it involving Tony getting beat up, at least for the first few rounds.

Khabib is way better than Kevin Lee. Tony is fucked.

Absolutely, only person at LW who can and will stop Khabib is Alvarez. Tony is the epitome of a hypejob. What happened to LW fighters who knew how to wrestle. Seriously, it's like they don't even try.
dis3.gif

The funny thing about both guys, is they can get reckless in the cage and somehow not pay for it as badly as other guys in the division. Khabib will throw some careless flying attack, flurry then shoot, while Tony will constantly turn his back in the middle of an exchange and lazily return to action with a smile on his face.

To answer the thread topic, I'd favor Khabib in this one, especially if he shows no respect for Tony's antics. However, I almost don't want to choose a winner/loser. This is as close as you can get to an in-division super fight, if such a thing existed. Their worlds were meant to collide.

Back