Stop with the BS Sherdog, admit, Stipe vs Ngannou was boring!

Gangstub

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
There's still people on this forum that still use the "he fought intelligently" excuse.

{<huh}

Why do you guys care if someone fights intelligently? You're not his coach. Unless you had serious money him, you cant tell me that wasn't boring as fuck.

The fight was great. Could watch it 10 times in a row.
Hilarious to watch this artificial UFC hype-train get derailed.

You probably were one of the guys that predicted a Ngannou KO in the first, right?
Sorry it didn't work out, lol. Not our fault if you bought magic beans from Dana White.

Stipe gameplanning on grapplefucking Ngannou was pretty much a given.

I enjoyed it.
I didn't dislike either fighter before the fight and I don't dislike either fighter now.

I'll grant you I wouldn't rewatch the fight but it was pretty exciting live

First two rounds were exciting. But it became obvious what the result was going to be after that. First round was fantastic.

would you prefer had stipe thrown caution to the wind and just walk in on someone who has all this crazy punching power? stipe's team had a gameplan and followed it.

I didn’t find it boring but maybe disappointing. I had hoped for a better showing from Ngannou, but you really have to give props to Stipe

HE SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR A STONE COLD STUNNER!!

FRANCIS WAS WIDE OPEN!!

Joking aside, if you're going to blame anyone for the outcome, blame the matchmaking for putting Ngannou in the fight in the first place. If he had no strategy besides "Wing Haymakers and hope" then ANY fighter would immediately take advantage of that.

It's like going into work in a factory and jumping into the machine to make things faster. It's more entertaining, but why not just do the job for which you are paid in a way that doesn't get you shredded?

There's still people on this forum that still use the "he fought intelligently" excuse.

{<huh}

Why do you guys care if someone fights intelligently? You're not his coach. Unless you had serious money him, you cant tell me that wasn't boring as fuck.
not so many slugfests happen nowadays

would you prefer had stipe thrown caution to the wind and just walk in on someone who has all this crazy punching power? stipe's team had a gameplan and followed it.

Dude Ngannou was done after 2nd round, all Stipe had to do was take him down, mount and it's over. But no instead, he chose to put him against the cage and lay on top of him, and not even try to transition.

One of those fights where you give the rest of the rounds a pass because the first round was so great.

Dude Ngannou was done after 2nd round, all Stipe had to do was take him down, mount and it's over. But no instead, he chose to put him against the cage and lay on top of him, and not even try to transition.

Dude, did you see the first round? Why do you assume Stipe wasn't exhausted after that pace? You're assuming Stipe had the energy to go for a finish WHILE holding down a guy that's (at least) 35 pounds heavier than him + super explosive.

He also landed hard shots on Ngannou, but Ngannou didn't go down.
He outlanded him 200 to 33, btw.

TS before the fight:
8rWSPVW.gif

TS after the fight:
tumblr_inline_omj8tqpm4D1roqslz_500.gif

The fight was great. Could watch it 10 times in a row.
Hilarious to watch this artificial UFC hype-train get derailed.

You probably were one of the guys that predicted a Ngannou KO in the first, right?
Sorry it didn't work out, lol. Not our fault if you bought magic beans from Dana White.

Stipe gameplanning on grapplefucking Ngannou was pretty much a given.

That was the only interesting “X factor”.
Can Ngannou get the early KO?
Once he didn’t, everyone knew Stipe would win (I thought Stipe would get the TKO at some point).
So I think the point is that there was little mystery about the outcome of the fight once it went past the 1st round, thus a bit of boredom with the rest of the fight.

blame the matchmaking for putting Ngannou in the fight in the first place

So let me get this straight, we should blame the matchmaking for sTipe refusing to put Ngannou away with punches, gnp or submission, because Francis wasn't ready???

If he was so under Stipe's level, why did Stipe feel the need to lay on top of him for over 65% of the fight???

And dont tell me it was because he didn't want him to explode up. Stipe could've stopped him on the feet, he could've gnp him in side mount instead of resting his shoulder on him. He could've transitioned to a sub. He had opposition to put this less experienced guy away, but no HE CHOSE to jsut lay there.

you know it's exhausting to take down and control someone, right? especially if they have 30+ lbs on you and strong as fuck.

So I think the point is that there was little mystery about the outcome of the fight once it went past the 1st round, thus a bit of boredom with the rest of the fight.

Blame Ngannou for his shitty cardio and gameplan, then.

What does Stipe have to do with Ngannou being one-dimensional?! How is this his fault? lol
He'd have to blame the guy that can't get up and can barely walk.

Back