Where's Alexander Volkov?

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
083_Alexander_Volkov_vs_Roy_Nelson.0.1492300851.jpg

After a great fight against Struve in september, no news on his return yet.

Looking at the HW rankings, he should be nearing a title shot now (this is HW after all). There's a lot of good matchups for him as well.

Even though I would like to see him face Ngannou or JDS, him vs Werdum or Cain makes the most sense for me now. If he wins, I'm fine with him getting a ts.

Thoughts?

Volkov Vs Reem or Arlovski next?

Volkov Vs Reem or Arlovski next?

Volkov vs Reem would be damn good as well but I hope Alistair takes some time off after that KO loss to Ngannou. Also, he would be coming off a loss (not that I care too much about it, but the UFC normally does).

No idea. He's a 29 year old ranked Heavyweight, they should be doing their level best to get him fights.

Volkov Vs. Werdum was my fight for him but UFC is going to Brazil for a PPV in May and need a title fight to headline...

Only three realistic options for now, a Cyborg defense Vs. Nuñes or Anderson, Nuñes Vs. Pennington or Miôciç Vs. Werdum 2.

Big money says Werdum gets the title shot.

Volkov Vs. Derrick Lewis when Tybura pulls out next Sunday.

He took a good beating and UFC doesn't book Heavys or Women's Batamweights very often

he was eating some clean shots from Struve, not ready for higher caliber fighters

I've heard they're trying to get him on UFC 223. Trying to load that card with Russians. Cain, Werdum or Overeem would be good.

He must be on Moscow card 100%. Him and Khabib are the only big stars.

I also heard he was gonna be on the Brooklyn card. But against who?

Seen him on some russian show a few days ago wanting to fight Stipe.
Was hard to translate...

Back