Miocic has no legit losses

croatian_republican

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So technically he has 2. Let's go see how that happened. First time with Dos Santos, it was a 3-2 decision loss. Basically a draw. First time I watched it I gave Dos Santos 3-2, when I rewatched the fight more carefully I gave Miocic 3-2. That's basically a draw. That's not a KO loss like some of your GOAT contenders experienced. Miocic came back and avenged that loss.

Early in his career he lost to Struve. Many of you geniuses don't remember the eye-poke that was not called that led to the TKO stoppage. Miocic was not even down, he was on his feet running away... The gentleman he is, and ur all not, he never complained about it... he went into that fight uncertain because of injuries.

When comparing wins of GOAT contenders, let's also compare their losses.

Cain and Fedor experienced more humiliating losses. You're all so fair-minded.

People say Miocic and Dos Santos were 1-1, give me a break, and Cain 2-1. I'd rather take the 1-1 than the ??superior?? 2-1. There's also more to be said about these stats, but a lot of you are sneaky hypocrites.

Stipe is basically undefeated aside from his two loses

Stipe is basically undefeated aside from his two loses

what losses? u missed the point of the thread genius. a 3-2 decision loss is not equivalent to a KO loss. When a fighter's losses were close decisions, we can basically claim him undefeated when it's so close. Don't equate a close decision to a ko loss thats the whole point of this thread, the sneakiness of some of you hypocrites

When a fighter's losses were close decisions, we can basically claim him undefeated when it's so close.

False.

One could have every single loss by close decision, and still those are losses. You (and I do mean you) can not simply recreate how the sport works to fit your narrative. I understand if a decision was largely regarded by professionals and informed fans as a "robbery by judges" and hence not viewed by some as a legit loss.... But a close decision is still a legit decision.

However one could argue that his loss to Struve was bullshit due to Struve using an illegal move (eye gouge) to set up the finish.

However one could argue that his loss to Struve was bullshit due to Struve using an illegal move (eye gouge) to set up the finish.

That's a slippery slope though. What are we supposed to think about eye gouges that didn't immediately (or at all) end the fight, but turned the fight around, even simply worked to your advantage?

He doesn't have any embarrassing losses. JDS is a legit all time great HW and he avenged an incredibly close decision loss in dominant fashion. Losing to Struve is a bit pathetic but we know there were extenuating circumstances leading to the finish in that fight with the eye-poke and slip, however eye-pokes happen in probably 4/10 UFC fights, It is what it is. It's still a legit loss. Stipe was also having issues with Struve's reach and height in that fight IMO. If they fought today I think Stipe would destroy him. Every HW has a loss against lesser competition.

So technically he has 2. Let's go see how that happened. First time with Dos Santos, it was a 3-2 decision loss. Basically a draw. First time I watched it I gave Dos Santos 3-2, when I rewatched the fight more carefully I gave Miocic 3-2. That's basically a draw. That's not a KO loss like some of your GOAT contenders experienced. Miocic came back and avenged that loss.

Early in his career he lost to Struve. Many of you geniuses don't remember the eye-poke that was not called that led to the TKO stoppage. Miocic was not even down, he was on his feet running away... The gentleman he is, and ur all not, he never complained about it... he went into that fight uncertain because of injuries.

People say Miocic and Dos Santos were 1-1, give me a break, and Cain 2-1. I'd rather take the 1-1 than the ??superior?? 2-1. There's also more to be said about these stats, but a lot of you are sneaky hypocrites.
This was some petty shit.

8/10 if you're a troll. Or 3/10 if you're just a stupid kid.

who cares about Sherdog's belt colors? get a life, keyboard warrior - put forth arguments u mental midget, dont talk about ur virtual belts,

Okay. 8/10.

I like Stipe, but that JDS decision was a fair 48-47.

Also, he did get poked against Struve in the finishing combo but Stefan was giving him problems the whole fight. He improved a huge amount since then, but Stipe even at the time didn't blame his loss on any poke, he admitted that the reach of Struve was messing him up.

stipe.gif

Definitely not legit <36>

I'm a huge Stipe fan, but those losses- and his bouncing back/learning from them- are part of his story.

JDS clearly won that first fight TS, don't know what kinda shit you're watching, but it obviously isn't the first fight, now he did win the second fight.

He has 2 legit losses. He's still the best HW in the world currently. Get over it. Fighters lose, and losing can make you a better fighter if you have the right attitude.

what losses? u missed the point of the thread genius. a 3-2 decision loss is not equivalent to a KO loss. When a fighter's losses were close decisions, we can basically claim him undefeated when it's so close. Don't equate a close decision to a ko loss thats the whole point of this thread, the sneakiness of some of you hypocrites
So TJ Dillashaw never really lost the belt and is on a 14 fight winning streak? you know, since he technically didn't get knocked out or submitted and he lost in both of those fights in split decisions that could've gone either way? that's the logic we're coming to knowadays is since someone didn't get finished and the fight was close, they're undefeated? since when did this happen?

Back