Ngannou will come back and become a reigning champ because...

L

Lissove

He has an amazing chin. He only needs not to be such a raging bull and use technique and gameplanning, then he is set to be a GOAT.

I wished he wluld lose for many reason. Now that he lost and we had out fun, he can now truly evolve and dominate this division.

He has major changes to make.

Needs to probably lose a bit of muscle, work significantly on cardio and wrestling, wrestling technique tends to take time to really sink in.

He certainly could be champ, but he has some work to do first.

Nah. Chin keeps you from getting stopped not actually winning.

He has an amazing chin. He only needs not to be such a raging bull and use technique and gameplanning, then he is set to be a GOAT.

I wished he wluld lose for many reason. Now that he lost and we had out fun, he can now truly evolve and dominate this division.

31 years old, musclebound with no ground game and bad stamina. You think he's just gonna train for 2 hours a day(because he won't have the stamina for more) and become good on the ground? No. His physique, his stamina, his grappling skills. These things will keep him from becoming elite. I like watching him fight. He's an exceptional athlete, and a scary striker. But GOAT? C'mon.

He'll be a ~#5 guy for a couple years, and then his chin will take a couple of big knockouts and he will start sliding. In 3 years he will not be in the UFC.

My 2 cents. Y'all have a great day.

He'll never be a greatest of all time. I just don't see it.

And Stipe and Cain should get private lessons with Fedor on how to take a limb or choke somebody out after you're done butchering them with your fists.

Last edited:
Think he will be future champ for sure, already the clearly no.2 guy in the division imo and is 4 years younger than Stipe.

The real reason he will be champ is because of his age....

I might catch some flak for this, but he need to work on his boxing too. He was to predictable he was just looking for the uppercut and that's it. No jabs, no combos, he through feints but you no all he wanted was the uppercut. Plus he kept him hands low. He also needs to lose some muscle its doing more harm then good. He was gassed two minutes in the fight. I think Stipe felt bad for him and carried the fight like (Mayeather vs Conor) Francis was lost. Francis is all brute strength, like Bob Sapp. His coach was screaming at him making him hold his head up. Stipe could not even look at him at the end of the fight he felt so bad for him. Yes he was tied, but you be tired too carry a 265lb monster around. I don't think that UFC training facility isn't all it crack up to be. He need to go to Jackson/Winklejohn. Francis look good on the Mit and in training but it don't carry over to the Octagon.

Personally, I don't think he's ever going to be champ. Certainly not in the UFC.

31 years old, musclebound with no ground game and bad stamina. You think he's just gonna train for 2 hours a day(because he won't have the stamina for more) and become good on the ground? No. His physique, his stamina, his grappling skills. These things will keep him from becoming elite. I like watching him fight. He's an exceptional athlete, and a scary striker. But GOAT? C'mon.

He'll be a ~#5 guy for a couple years, and then his chin will take a couple of big knockouts and he will start sliding. In 3 years he will not be in the UFC.

My 2 cents. Y'all have a great day.

Damn you're a hater lol. Not gonna lie though, he looked bad everywhere

His chin is good now but it won't be for long. His boxing didn't match with Stipe's either. He took at least three big right hands in that fight that would've dropped other heavyweights. You can't just eat those for an entire career and he doesn't have the skill to stop it from happening.

He'll always have a puncher's chance against Stipe

Maybe TS but I think it unlikely.

His biggest benefit is the HW division is so weak right and getting weaker.

If he was attempting this resurgence in the midst of the era where Cain and JDS were slugging it out and there were all those other top guys behind I struggle seeing Ngannou turning that corner.

His issue is cardio problems like that are hard to fix and top guys will game plan to that. It may take him shedding major muscle mass (lie EconoReem did) and will he be the same fighter if he does? Also its not just as easy as him fighting more as that is a complete departure of his prior style. Does he get hit a lot more if he is not pushing the offense as that can tire you out just as quick. So he is hitting his opponents less and they are hitting him more and he is just as tired at the end and that sounds like a recipe for him getting Ko'd.

I think Ngannou will hover around the top 5, and maybe get higher but mainly because the HW division is getting completely anemic for talent and there might not be anyone to exploit his major flaws.

It's posit. He didn't look good, but that was by far his biggest fight and maybe he cracked under the pressure. Have him be a main event in a few tune up fights and then start working him back up while he developes his game

To be honest I think the big thing with him is getting him to a real camp. People are trying to write him off now for some moronic reason. Giant HW, fast learner, powerful, iron chin, one of the strongest in the division physically. He needs a grueling camp to expose his weaknesses and shore them up. He has too many yes-men around him at the moment.

Stipe said something along the lines of he saw that Francis was broken mentally early in the fight, that he could see it in his eyes.
Fighting is 90% mental (or thereabouts). If you break mentally, it is very difficult to recover from that.
A lot of fighters, trainers, etc. believe that if you break mentally once, it is pretty well over, as you will break again in the future.
If this is true, Francis may be the next Sokoudjou.
And if you don't know who Sokoudjou is, I just made a much stronger point.
Francis may soon be totally forgotten.

He doesn't need to come back, he's already in top 10 richest people from his country.

This is not the place for your bbc fantasies.

Back