Does Stipe remind Dana of Tim Sylvia?

blkdynamite

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I see similarities of a champ Dana could not wait to lose.

Stipe reminds him of being poor, and he doesn't want to get back to that.

He doesn't see $$$$ signs when Stipe fights.

Maybe Dana should pay more so stipe can fight full time. A moonlighter as champ is not,a good look.

In the sense that he doesn't like either of them being the UFC HW Champion, yes

Love that Stipe doesn't meekly put up with Dana's bullshit like Tim did

Maybe Dana should pay more so stipe can fight full time. A moonlighter as champ is not,a good look.

Pretty sure Stipe would work at the Firestation no matter what he got paid, unless it Was Conor money.

Pretty sure Stipe would work at the Firestation no matter what he got paid, unless it Was Conor money.
Even if it was Conor money, my bet is, Stipe would still be a volunteer fireman

I see similarities of a champ Dana could not wait to lose.

Stipe and Tim huh? just an asshole would think there are similarities between the two...and well, Dana is an asshole so...

The history is there to indicate that Stipe was not Dana's top pick. I remember before becoming champion when Stipe was barking about getting his shot, Dana said get some fans and then we will talk. Stipe mentioned in an interview that this was the case and it was like a high school popularity contest and he was just interested in fighting.

I don't understand why people are not behind this guy. He had to actually fight his way to the title without the praise or support of the company, no special treatment for him. He just kept winning battles and worked hard. He doesn't act like a clown to get attention or act tough, the guy is fuckin tough, no need to act. He doesn't get rattled under pressure and has had some wars with tough guys.

I think Dana has gotten a little spoiled from the last few big stars that have emerged in his company. People that promote themselves and become big characters pandering to the drama loving wwe type fans. Now he expects everyone to act like Conor and have the ability to chirp off constantly and say funny shit.
Not everyone is a good actor and so when they feel they have to try you end up with Ben Rothwell giving the cringe worthy diabolical laugh in a post fight interview. I admire Stipe for not trying to act like a tool and just doing what I pay to see.

The guy is an everyman, no bullshit, hardworking fireman who works his ass off and just became the champion with the most consecutive title defences.
How the hell is that not getting it done. Dana is a diva twat.

To answer the question. I suppose in the fact that Dana did not appear thrilled by either guy holding the belt then yes. Other than that I see no other comparison between the two.

The history is there to indicate that Stipe was not Dana's top pick. I remember before becoming champion when Stipe was barking about getting his shot, Dana said get some fans and then we will talk. Stipe mentioned in an interview that this was the case and it was like a high school popularity contest and he was just interested in fighting.

I don't understand why people are not behind this guy. He had to actually fight his way to the title without the praise or support of the company, no special treatment for him. He just kept winning battles and worked hard. He doesn't act like a clown to get attention or act tough, the guy is fuckin tough, no need to act. He doesn't get rattled under pressure and has had some wars with tough guys.

I think Dana has gotten a little spoiled from the last few big stars that have emerged in his company. People that promote themselves and become big characters pandering to the drama loving wwe type fans. Now he expects everyone to act like Conor and have the ability to chirp off constantly and say funny shit.
Not everyone is a good actor and so when they feel they have to try you end up with Ben Rothwell giving the cringe worthy diabolical laugh in a post fight interview. I admire Stipe for not trying to act like a tool and just doing what I pay to see.

The guy is an everyman, no bullshit, hardworking fireman who works his ass off and just became the champion with the most consecutive title defences.
How the hell is that not getting it done. Dana is a diva twat.

To answer the question. I suppose in the fact that Dana did not appear thrilled by either guy holding the belt then yes. Other than that I see no other comparison between the two.

Dana built the UFC off of Tito Ortiz's showmanship and ability to create heat. Remember he could not use Chuck Liddell at first because he wasnt a good talker and looked like the posterboy of human cockfighting. Dana could put Tito on Late Night and Tonight Show to sell the sport to the masses. Ultimately Tito was used to create other stars. It is not enough to be good. Tito is the prototype for Conor, the Diaz brothers, Chael Sonnen and every other asshole you like. Dana has been looking for or trying to create those guys ever since.

Even if it was Conor money, my bet is, Stipe would still be a volunteer fireman
Yep. Stipe said a long, long time ago that he would always be a fireman, even if he 'became champ' (lol) or if anything else happened. Says it keeps him grounded and sane, plus fills his free time. He ain't leaving that firehouse for all the gold coins in Ireland

The UFC don't like unmarketable fighters ??

Well.. that's new information

It is Dana job to market the fighters, but he pushes the self-inflating tires.

Back