I was actually impressed by Ngannou performance against Stipe

Glnick

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Stipe took him down but could not do any damage and he could not finish him he didn't even attempt any submission .Ngannou also showed that he has a chin Stipe landed some nice punches but Ngannou didn't seem rocked very tough guy he was doing a lot of damage in the standing too.

imo ngannou is a huge guy and not that easy to submit. it's like trying to wrestle an elephant.
stipe was tired as hell too. and ngannou showed alot of heart.

Last edited:
imo ngannou is a huge guy and not that easy to submit. it*s like trying to wrestle an elephant.
stipe was tired as hell too. and ngannou showed alot of heart.
Ngannou made a 6'4 246 heavyweight look like he is in a different weight class

I agree. Stipe knocked out JDS, Werdum and Overeem but didnt hurt Ngannou once. In fact he was scared to trade with him even when Ngannou was moving like a zombie from the walking dead. Even on the ground he did not attempt to ground and pound until the ref urged for more action. Its like his entire strategy was to just win by laying on top of a tired man. He did a good job incapacitating Ngannou but he did not do any kind of damage. I rooted for Stipe but I was not comfortable at any point, Ngannous power was always there, he showed it in that third round, when he connected with a slow half assed punch and sent Stipe scrambling backwards. So I think all the people calling this a train derailment are focusing too much on the gassing aspect and ignoring everything else that went on. Stipe just figured out a way to survive the monster IMO.

He got owned,nothing impressive there after all they shit talk.

Yeah he looked awesome....i Think he won.. .<Lmaoo>
And the "heart" you all are talking about. Its his job, if i gave that amount of "heart" at my job, i would get fired . He didnt do dick( thats a name) to earn any praise. Get over it.

He's tough, no doubt about that.

He got owned,nothing impressive there after all they shit talk.
I was with Stipe but he really showed that you can't put him out that easily the guy just got tired he was never in danger

usually stipe knocks out guys with much much less effort
he connected many times clean on ngannou and it didn't faze that guy
great chin

About as impressive as Michael Johnson when he fought the eagle, Tate when she fought Rousey, Hardy when he fought gsp... Surviving with no offensive

Stipe took him down but could not do any damage and he could not finish him he didn't even attempt any submission .Ngannou also showed that he has a chin Stipe landed some nice punches but Ngannou didn't seem rocked very tough guy he was doing a lot of damage in the standing too.

Oh my, YOU casuals just won't admit YOU jumped on that "Hype Train" will you? LMAO - how was the ride? So you were ACTUALLY impressed were you? You sound like a Valley Girl. 50 - 42 by two judges; that was the only impressive thing about the fight - it sure as hell wasn't "NO can do" Ngannou!

He showed a ton of heart in that fight. If he adjusts his training he will have a bright future.

usually stipe knocks out guys with much much less effort
he connected many times clean on ngannou and it didn't faze that guy
great chin
This is what I thought too. The guy caught some punches straight to the face while being stationary and he ate them pretty well.

Oh my, YOU casuals just won't admit YOU jumped on that "Hype Train" will you? LMAO - how was the ride? So you were ACTUALLY impressed were you? You sound like a Valley Girl. 50 - 42 by two judges; that was the only impressive thing about the fight - it sure as hell wasn't "NO can do" Ngannou!

There's no need to be a dick. Stipe didn't exactly look like a champ when Struve was lighting him up.

Ngannou impressed me with his chin. He took some solid punches.

Stipe had the right strategy. To trade punches with Ngannou would be suicide.

looked like a fighter from ufc 5 or something
trying to connect a giant punch to decapitate stipe no more than that.
yeah his strength is impressive but I bet that dude that was on the embedded video that towered Francis is strong as shit also

There's no need to be a dick. Stipe didn't exactly look like a champ when Struve was lighting him up.
Yeah right! Well where is Struve now?? Truth always hurts doesn't it? Don't be so thin skinned... This is sherdog - where everything you say can come back on you!

Well, one of the big problems is what Francis does with his gas tank. Its not something that is improved very easily. He needs to also train being taken down and being able to escape. This is what people who have takedowns will do with him.

He didn't take any damage blah blah blah but he got dominated really 50-45 even if it was boring. The name of the game is not to entertain you. Its beating the guy across from you. Stipe does it again.

Yeah right! Well where is Struve now?? Truth always hurts doesn't it? Don't be so thin skinned... This is sherdog - where everything you say can come back on you!

The point went right over your head lol.

My point was everyone loses in MMA eventually. Stipe obviously worked hard on his weaknesses and became champ after a terrible loss to like the #42 HW. Ngannou could do the same one day.

I agree. Stipe knocked out JDS, Werdum and Overeem but didnt hurt Ngannou once. In fact he was scared to trade with him even when Ngannou was moving like a zombie from the walking dead. Even on the ground he did not attempt to ground and pound until the ref urged for more action. Its like his entire strategy was to just win by laying on top of a tired man. He did a good job incapacitating Ngannou but he did not do any kind of damage. I rooted for Stipe but I was not comfortable at any point, Ngannous power was always there, he showed it in that third round, when he connected with a slow half assed punch and sent Stipe scrambling backwards. So I think all the people calling this a train derailment are focusing too much on the gassing aspect and ignoring everything else that went on. Stipe just figured out a way to survive the monster IMO.

he wasn't scared to trade with him at all, he just wasn't stupid about it, and he hurt him a couple of times but didn't wanna go gung ho for the finish

go watch it back, your talking wham mate

a boring last 2 rounds does not take away from the fact that Stipe stood with Francis for 2 rounds and got the better of him, and then was clever in getting his takedowns to make sure the round was his

Back