Out of the following, which are the most and least likely to happen in 2018?

Guile

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2018 is the UFCs 25th anniversary so expect the unexpected. UFC will likely do everything possible to stack their fight week card and year end card. Out of the following, what scenarios/fights do you think are likely to happen in 2018 and which are likely to not. Maybe pick 1 for each.

-CM Punk returns
-Brock returns
-Jones returns
-Ronda returns
-Conor returns
-GSP returns
-UFC breaks 2 million buys
-UFC has another dual champ (TJ/DC/Nunes)

Most likely: Another dual champ
Least likely: CM Punk returns

Most likely: Conor returns
Least likely: Conor defends belt

Most likely: Another dual champ
Least likely: CM Punk returns
Dana stated after 220 that he talked to Punk and that he wants to fight again. I also heard a story that Punk is actually not motivated at all in the gym and only really came to practice when the cameras were there. The stories are very much so contradicting each other. I think Punk returning is one of the more likely scenarios to happen.

Likely

-CM Punk returns
-Conor returns
-gsp returns probably vs Conor too
-TJ 2DIV Champ

Unlikey
-Jones returns gonna get at least multiple years
-Brock returns he wolnt get past usuda
-UFC has another dual champ (DC/Nunes)

Will NEVER happen Ronda in mma she's broken.

Likely

-CM Punk returns
-Conor returns
-gsp returns probably vs Conor too
-TJ 2DIV Champ

Unlikey
-Jones returns gonna get at least multiple years
-Brock returns he wolnt get past usuda
-UFC has another dual champ (DC/Nunes)

Will NEVER happen Ronda in mma she's broken.
If Jones can somehow prove it was a tainted supplement then his suspension will drastically reduce. He may only get a year suspension from when he last fought in July. Him and his manager have been acting like he will return sooner than we think.

2018 is the UFCs 25th anniversary so expect the unexpected. UFC will likely do everything possible to stack their fight week card and year end card. Out of the following, what scenarios/fights do you think are likely to happen in 2018 and which are likely to not. Maybe pick 1 for each.

-CM Punk returns
-Brock returns
-Jones returns
-Ronda returns
-Conor returns
-GSP returns
-UFC has another dual champ (TJ/DC/Nunes)
I dunno why anniversary = unexpected things will happen.

CM Punk returns [TRUE] - if Dana's admitting it then it's likely to happen. 1 final payday for Punk.
Brock returns [FALSE] - it's always possible, but I can't predict true unless we're given a particular reason to believe he'll return.
Jones returns [FALSE] - it's definitely looking like he's coming back, but I think 2019 is more likely.
Ronda returns [FALSE] - she's just getting started with WWE, so the time isn't now. But she's still relatively young and can make millions, so I think it could happen 2019 or later.
Conor returns [TRUE] - easiest answer yet. The only question is against whom?
GSP returns [FALSE] - I don't think he wants to fight anyone but Conor or a Diaz. And I just don't think he's getting those fights this year. Could be wrong though.
UFC breaks 2 million buys [FALSE] - they need Conor to do it. It's not a guarantee that he'll return, and even if he does, it's not a guarantee he'll break 2 million. So I have to be a pessimist.
UFC has another dual champ (TJ/DC/Nunes) [TRUE] - I favor TJ to beat DJ, I give Nunes a shot against Cyborg, and I think both these fights are happening. So I have to go TRUE. Plus DC would have a good shot against Stipe, but I don't think that fight will happen.

Least likely...

Ronda returns.
Jones returns ( USADA better come correct ).

Most likely: GSP returns
Least likely: Brock returns

explanations: I feel GSP's diarea shoud come down any moment now, and Brock is way to busy still getting to the bottom of things

Most likely - PLATINUM crushes everyone
Least likely - Covington stops rustling jimmies

I dunno why anniversary = unexpected things will happen.

CM Punk returns [TRUE] - if Dana's admitting it then it's likely to happen. 1 final payday for Punk.
Brock returns [FALSE] - it's always possible, but I can't predict true unless we're given a particular reason to believe he'll return.
Jones returns [FALSE] - it's definitely looking like he's coming back, but I think 2019 is more likely.
Ronda returns [FALSE] - she's just getting started with WWE, so the time isn't now. But she's still relatively young and can make millions, so I think it could happen 2019 or later.
Conor returns [TRUE] - easiest answer yet. The only question is against whom?
GSP returns [FALSE] - I don't think he wants to fight anyone but Conor or a Diaz. And I just don't think he's getting those fights this year. Could be wrong though.
UFC breaks 2 million buys [FALSE] - they need Conor to do it. It's not a guarantee that he'll return, and even if he does, it's not a guarantee he'll break 2 million. So I have to be a pessimist.
UFC has another dual champ (TJ/DC/Nunes) [TRUE] - I favor TJ to beat DJ, I give Nunes a shot against Cyborg, and I think both these fights are happening. So I have to go TRUE. Plus DC would have a good shot against Stipe, but I don't think that fight will happen.
The reason why I think Brock may return is because his WWE contract is up in April I believe and word on the street is that he doesnt want to resign and may want to fight again. If he got around USADA the first time then I wouldnt be surprised if it happened again. If UFC can get Brock/Conor/Punk/Khabib/Diaz and maybe some other stars then they can easily pass 2mil

-Punk returning is more likely than Jones, Brock or Ronda, maybe even GSP.
-Can't imagine Conor won't fight the whole year, might push it as far as he can without getting stripped, or maybe even getting stripped, throwing a fit, then getting the title fight anyway when they agree to terms.
-UFC ain't breaking 2 mil anytime soon.
-No Edgar in the 2 div champ section?

-Punk returning is more likely than Jones, Brock or Ronda, maybe even GSP.
-Can't imagine Conor won't fight the whole year, might push it as far as he can without getting stripped, or maybe even getting stripped, throwing a fit, then getting the title fight anyway when they agree to terms.
-UFC ain't breaking 2 mil anytime soon.
-No Edgar in the 2 div champ section?

if Edgar goes to 135 maybe. still gotta get past Holloway, there's a lot more it's than there are with the other people mentioned

Most likely: Conor returns

Least likely: Jones returns

Damn the DJ respect is real in here but......

Most Likely Conor returns

Least likely DJ losing to anybody

All of those are extremely likely besides Ronda returning. They seem to really be trying to put on champion vs champion fights recently so there will likely be another 2 weight champ this year. Out of those Options the most likely is TJ, I don't think DC will go back up to HW and Nunes would get wrecked by Cyborg.

Least likely: 2 million buys (any star can come back, but not even all of them togheter would break 2 million).

More likely: Conor returns (they'll pay him enough).

-CM Punk returns [I think there is a decent chance of this happening, Punk definitely wants it, Dana seemed apprehensive at first, but he brings in buys and hype]
-Brock returns [less than likely]
-Jones returns [doubtful]
-Ronda returns [hell no]
-Conor returns [probably]
-GSP returns [probably not]
-UFC breaks 2 million buys [I could see it happening if/when Conor returns, especially if they stack the card right]
-UFC has another dual champ (TJ/DC/Nunes) [T.J. has a good shot of beating Mighty Mouse if that's what is decided is next for both guys, but don't see DC or Amanda stepping up]

if Edgar goes to 135 maybe. still gotta get past Holloway, there's a lot more it's than there are with the other people mentioned
No there's not. TJ vs DJ isn't confirmed. Cyborg vs Amanda isn't confirmed. DC has explicitly said he doesn't want to go heavyweight.

Back