lil Nog
Tito
Ninja
Saku
Hendo
Babalu
Horn
Sonnen

All those guys were pretty much in their prime at the same time. LHW was the best/most deep division in MMA.

Now you got guys like No time gassing out after 2 minutes. Heavyweight used to be an exciting division as well, now it's horrible.

This sport is run by manlets....like GSP won the 185 belt lol We need more normal size talent in MMA

You can thank Jon Jones for that

You can also add Machida, Thiago Silva, Forrest, Jardine, Rashad just a couple years later around like 2007.

A lot of the great LHWs got old and were never replaced. These days, the UFC would rather sign WMMA fighters with 3-2 records over a quality HW or LHW. Quite sad.

Heavyweight is in worse shape than LHW.

Both divs are hurting badly though.

LHW is the worst division in the UFC on the men side. Sad stuff, they should do something and get more guys in.

No it's not, HW is better then LHW it's no comparison. Shogun and Villante in the top 10 or some shit.

I disagree, it has prospects like Volkov, Blaydes, Tuivasa.

LHW has Dominick Reyes
Gus had surgery
Shogun is injured
Glover is getting old
Volkan just lost

Haha do you even know what "normal" is in terms of height and weight in the world or even just in the US?

Hint: It's not 7' and 300lb. Stop your man-crushing on "big" guys.

I'm seeing alot of guys on TS list that did next to nothing in the UFC at LHW.

Because of the ridiculous weightcutting, natural HWs, like DC, Jones, Gus and so on almost kill themselves to avoid the HWs, and make LHW, and LHWs like Weidman, Bisping, Yoel, Luke do what they can to avoid the LHWs.

Then we have nobody left in the two upper divisions, since not that many people are that big.

I disagree, it has prospects like Volkov, Blaydes, Tuivasa.

LHW has Dominick Reyes
Gus had surgery
Shogun is injured
Glover is getting old
Volkan just lost

none of those prospects are real contenders...blaydes maybe but idk...go watch James McSweeny vs. Tuivasa before thinking that guy will be any good.

i actually think the 2 potential threats to Miocic down the road could be Golm and Ledet

If it was greatest of all time then how can it "use to be the goat division"?
Exactly that is why the GOAT conversation is such a waste of time and just when you think their is nobody left who believes in such nonsense poof they reappear.

LHW is the worst division in the UFC on the men side. Sad stuff, they should do something and get more guys in.
“LHW is the worst division on the MEN side.”

LHW women division? 4762C933-A6E2-4EE7-8995-060335DA6C27.gif
Please explain.

Regardless of sport, the best competitors are usually close to the median weight of the entire population, because there's simply more people close to that weight.

That's why FW, LW, and WW tend to be the most stacked in fighting. I mean look at Football (not american fussball) - the majority of top players are pretty average in height/weight.

You can also add Machida, Thiago Silva, Forrest, Jardine, Rashad just a couple years later around like 2007.

A lot of the great LHWs got old and were never replaced. These days, the UFC would rather sign WMMA fighters with 3-2 records over a quality HW or LHW. Quite sad.
Who is out there are they not signing? there isnt really THAT many.

People ask too much of the UFC

CREATE NEW STARS
WAIT DONT CREATE NEW STARS,PROMOTE THE ONES HOLDING THE BELTS
SIGN TALENT THAT DOESNT EXIST
CREATE 145 FOR WOMEN
OMG WAIT BAD IDEA
MAKE STARS HAVE MIC SKILLS
WAIT PROMOTE STARS THAT DONT HAVE MIC SKILLS,MAKE IT BASED ON TALENT ONLY

Wheres machida and rashad

Back