Bellator card....

El Fernas

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Im just finishing watching Bellator card, still Sonnen vs Rampage left but i know who won already...Anyway, is it just me or Bellator card was WAY better? Picco kid with a nice ko of a can, then Michael Chandler puting up a performance, a fight that deserved 5 rounds imo....Then the best fight of the weekend, Rory vs Lima, what a fight, dude is a warrior, and well Sonnen vs Rampage, two old washed out stars to finish, what did the UFC offer? Cant even remember....Almeida fight was nice, then cant remember anything until Cormier fight which was decent and then....the worst HW title fight that i can remember, Ngannou gassed out badly and Stipe wasnt in stellar shape either, 4 boring rounds until the decision was official.

IMHO Bellator put a much better card this time, or is it just me?

The two main events weren't exactly thrilling.

I was very pleased to see Rory win the belt though.

Im just finishing watching Bellator card, still Sonnen vs Rampage left but i know who won already...Anyway, is it just me or Bellator card was WAY better? Picco kid with a nice ko of a can, then Michael Chandler puting up a performance, a fight that deserved 5 rounds imo....Then the best fight of the weekend, Rory vs Lima, what a fight, dude is a warrior, and well Sonnen vs Rampage, two old washed out stars to finish, what did the UFC offer? Cant even remember....Almeida fight was nice, then cant remember anything until Cormier fight which was decent and then....the worst HW title fight that i can remember, Ngannou gassed out badly and Stipe wasnt in stellar shape either, 4 boring rounds until the decision was official.

IMHO Bellator put a much better card this time, or is it just me?
Stipe vs Ngannau was better than the whole Bellator card let alone when compared to main event

The two main events weren't exactly thrilling.

I was very pleased to see Rory win the belt though.

1st round of Sonnen v Rampage was decent, not gassed out yet, Rampage looks BIG tho.

He didnt fired that much during those 4 rounds tho.
He still couldve koed Stipe anytime, And Stipe was using head movement like a motherfucker, its strange that if i watch the fight again obviously its boring as fuck since i know the result but watching it live was amazing

Stipe vs Ngannau was better than the whole Bellator card let alone when compared to main event

Yeah those 2 rounds where stipe held him a gassed ngannau down to sap his energy were so much better than pico killing the guy with the liver shot in 20 seconds.....

The problem with Bellator is that they throw in a Royce/Shamrock 3 or whatever it was shit burger as a main event.

Really? Worst fight of that card, the stalling was painful. #BellatorNation

how can you think rory vs lima was the best fight of the weekend if you find stalling a painful strategy to watch? they spent %80 of the fight hugging

I didn’t see the whole thing but Rampage Sonnen was predictably bad.

Rory Lima was decent.

Neither card deserved much praise TBH.

Cormier looked great, especially coming off the juicy Jones finish

I didn't think either event was particularly great, and I enjoyed the UFC card more in general I think, but what Bellator does right is have little down-time between fights.

I think it was the Stephens vs Choi prelims I was watching the other day. There was less than 5 minutes of fight time in the first 40 minutes. The rest was advertisements and filler. That's awful. For comparison, day two of the Rizin New Years event had about 12 minutes of fighting in the first 40 minutes even after the huge opening ceremony.

Bellator have a lot of no-appeal cards, tacky fights, tacky entrances in which a song will play for 20 seconds with some awful CGI graphic and then change to another song and more, but the pacing is good. Just too much hype and filler on UFC cards. It's getting to the point where I'd rather just record it and fast forward through the bullshit later.

UFC was better. Font vs Almeida and Kattar vs Burgois were insane fights with awesome finishes. Volkan vs DC and Ngannou vs Stipe weren't that great.

Bellator's fights weren't that great. Rory vs Lima was mostly Rory holding him down and Chael and Rampage was pretty boring. Pico was probably the best fight of the night and that didn't go long.

I personally love hype train derailments so I loved the Stipe fight plus it was a very exciting fight contrary to what casual fans say, they think if someone goes home without brain damage it was boring. Quite pathetic actually.

how can you think rory vs lima was the best fight of the weekend if you find stalling a painful strategy to watch? they spent %80 of the fight hugging
Yet had more action than all 2nd to 5th round of Stipe's fight, there is stalling and then there is taking it to the ground to fight there, not just lay on top of the guy like Stipe did.

The problem with Bellator is that they throw in a Royce/Shamrock 3 or whatever it was shit burger as a main event.
That is so true, and its sad they do, but even with that the card was solid.

I personally love hype train derailments so I loved the Stipe fight plus it was a very exciting fight contrary to what casual fans say, they think if someone goes home without brain damage it was boring. Quite pathetic actually.

Sorry but i have to disagree, i love to see a technical fight, a fight....Not two tired HW barely do anything for 4 rounds....in a title fight, i could pass that in a HW prelim fight tho.

DC was the one actually derailing something, he dominated and finished up Volkan, Stipe? Not so much, i mean if they fight again is clear who is the one with chances of actually finishing the fight, and it isnt Stipe.

Back