If Blaydes beat Hunt, what's next for him? How close is he to a title with a win?

shercatdog

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Undefeated in the ufc and in his career except the Ngannou loss. If he beats hunt decisively does he get closer to a title picture?

Close to a title shot maybe. Doubt very much that he would win though.

there is no clear title contender at heavyweight so anyone could make a case for a title shot off 1 strong win and promo cut.

Undefeated in the ufc and in his career except the Ngannou loss. If he beats hunt decisively does he get closer to a title picture?

If he decisively beats Hunt he should fight Volkov

if he beats both of them.. He may be the next contender after Werdum or Cain

He would be a nice addition to the contender talk. Derrick Lewis? Arlovski?

If he beats Hunt then give him the title shot. I really really don't want them to give Cain the next title shot after him fighting like once every four years.

i cool with blaydes getting a ts if he beats hunt

i think hes just gonna take him down and grind a decision out

Cain absolutely needs a tune up fight, and needs to earn a title shot.

Watching Stipe vs Ngannou, I couldn't help but think that Ngannou got off lightly. Prime Cain would have broken Ngannou like he did JDS. Having said that, Cain is likely a shadow of his former Sea Captain self

1 top victory away. I wrote in another thread about avenging the Ngannou loss. If he could beat Hunt and do that then he deserves it. Either being a signature victory should make it a done deal IMO.

big fan of hunto but blaydes takes this. He probably needs another fight before a ts. Maybe reem or werdum. that is, if cain aint fighting werdum.

Blaydes will be on 4 wins with a W over Hunt and IIRC Hunt is 5th so yeah, TS if he gets past him.

Still like to see a rematcch with Predator too.

Only the best fighters beat hunt. This win means Blaydes is 1 win away over a Francis, Reem (Cain if he can fight )or Werdum = title shot.

If he was to beat Hunto. I’d like to see one more win in the top 5 before a TS. Barring injuries to other fighters, of course.

But condidering Stipe has beaten all of the top 5 ( Except Cain ). Maybe a win over Hunto would be enough. But, I don’t think you can have Blaydes leapfrog Werdum.

Blaydes Will beat Hunt

Seriously
Yes but then what? A title shot?

I think next shot will go to Werdum/Cain winner and Blaydes has one more fight. Maybe Volkov.

Blaydes should fight another top guy/ "name" before a TS if he beats hunt. I'd like to see the following:

Blaydes v werdum- blaydes beating hunt will most likely be from grappling and grinding. That won't be an option with werdum. He'll need more tools. Solid test if he's got the goods

Cain v reem- I know there's unfinished business between Cain/werdum but I feel this fight makes more sense. Outside of the whole see level thing, the one thing that stuck with me was when Cain couldn't impose his grappling his striking quickly became ineffective. Reem isn't a push over in grappling (although not a sub threat) and a more crafty striker than werdum. Nor is Cain a heavy handed striker. Curious how this would go down because every reem fight is a coin flip

Yes but then what? A title shot?

I think next shot will go to Werdum/Cain winner and Blaydes has one more fight. Maybe Volkov.

Nah I don't think so I'm with you
Title eliminater with the Russian

Back