Has any fight exposed more fans?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So many people here thought Stipe was gonna be lunch meat.

Even guys like kenflo...

I dont think I've ever seen a bigger nuthug to bust ratio in my life.

OL7wTLU.gif

giphy.gif

Granted they were casuals

Last edited:
Ya it was pretty stupid, especially from Kenny who was supposed to be a pretty educated mma guy. I mean I can see him saying he had a gut feeling or something like that, but he actually tried to break it down with logic why Francis will win.

The amount of people who legitimately thought Conor was going to KO Floyd was pretty unbelievable.

Velasquez vs Lesnar.

The hype train for Lesnar was massive and rabid. Holy fuck it was annoying.

What? How???
Because when Lesnar didnt have health problems he stopped Undertaker's streak so Prime Lesnar without any health problems runs through Cain

Because when Lesnar didnt have health problems he stopped Undertaker's streak so Prime Lesnar without any health problems runs through Cain
<34>

The amount of people who legitimately thought Conor was going to KO Floyd was pretty unbelievable.

I don't think this one will ever be topped.

Those people convinced me that companies like the UFC can tell whatever lies they want. It doesn't even matter any more. People will believe it. Hype and hero worship absolutely destroy logic and there's just no way to argue against it that will be heard.

That fight also convinced me that western MMA is lost to those people. It's theirs now. It belongs to the lowest common denominator and I don't give a fuck if I sound like an elitist any more.

Ngannou actually had a chance against Stipe, unlike Conor vs Floyd.

Remember?

"I will KO him in four rounds, mark my words"

lesnartaps.gif

Made a lot of money from my coworkers on this one...

A good number on people on here were sure Lesnar would maul Mir

Of course he would go on to make me and the doubters look like fools not long after...

Who's to say Ngannou can't do the same?

Velasquez vs Lesnar.

The hype train for Lesnar was massive and rabid. Holy fuck it was annoying.

Oh, man...I remember it all too well.

"If Cain manages to keep it standing, he might get the win although Brock needs no more than one punch to knock him out. If Brock takes him down, it's Brock - Mir II all over again."

Obviously, this is a paraphrase - the guys who made claims such as this had a fairly limited vocabulary and difficulty with writing in a formal manner - but it is the essence of what was being spouted.

Last edited:
"The DEATH of MYSTIC MAC"

hqdefault.jpg

People use the term hype train way too much around here. The fact is, Ngannou has immense punching power and with his kind of relentless pressure, the notion that he could catch Stipe and KO him was more than plausible. Dismissing his recent streak of KO's based on the fact that they were mostly "old, chinny fighters" is hypocritical considering Stipe's own string of victories are based on beating most of those same guys.

If they fought again, it's plausible Stipe doesn't make it out of this first round the next time. Francis is a dangerous mofo in the first couple of rounds when he's fresh.

There were people who genuinely believed that Ronda Rousey could beat up Floyd Mayweather, UFC bantamweights, 250lb NFL players and so on. So I wonder what was going through their minds as they watched her get the crap kicked out of her and knocked out by another 135lb woman lol. Did a lightbuld come on in their head as they thought "wow, I'm a fucking idiot"?

Probably not with a lot of them, they never learn and will lap up the next portion of bullshit to be served up to them by Rogan, Dana and co. MMA, and in particular the UFC, has some of the most clueless, gullible fucktard fans of any sport.

Back