Dat Stipe Head Movement

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is it just me or I n the first 2 rounds his head movement looked amazing. I haven’t seen anybody else talking about this. Did anybody else notice how good his boxing and head movement was?

There was one combo by Ngannou where Stipe pulled out that Matrix style.

Is it just me or I n the first 2 rounds his head movement looked amazing. I haven’t seen anybody else talking about this. Did anybody else notice how good his boxing and head movement was?
He was doing well but did get caught with the uppercut a few times in rd 1 ducking to his right.

Yep. He wasn't just rushing in, wingin. He did everything right in this fight.

Yea he did some
Sick bobbing and weaving bending at the waist ducking under 2-3 punch combos like Tyson

Gif would be nice

I think it was in second round

Technical striker > bodybuilder

Yeah when ngannou threw like three hooks in the first round , stipe matrixed him it was dope his head movement looked on point

He was doing well but did get caught with the uppercut a few times in rd 1 ducking to his right.
Yup but what I thought was cool is he made an adjustment and didn’t get caught with it again

Yeah. You could tell he was practicing that a lot. That plus wrestling made for the perfect gameplan.

I would break it down like: medium head movement, good footwork, great awareness.. he saw most of the hits coming at him and that is a real big thing it is said most likely the ones you don't see put you down when you aren't braced yourself for the impact, he even rolled a tad with some punches he was on point.

For MMA and especially HWs standard dude has some legit boxing skills.

Yeah. You could tell he was practicing that a lot. That plus wrestling made for the perfect gameplan.
Ppl talk about Stronghold not being renown but their gameplan was solid, and it seems as if he’s basically cleared out the division with the exception of Cain.

I would break it down like: medium head movement, good footwork, great awareness.. he saw most of the hits coming at him and that is a real big thing it is said most likely the ones you don't see put you down when you aren't braced yourself for the impact, he even rolled a tad with some punches he was on point.

Stipe is also a legit heavyweight. If you look at earlier pics of Francis you would come to the conclusion that he's a blown up LHW, kinda like Overeem.

yes, it was refreshing to see for me, because not many MMA fighters in general, let alone HWs, have any sort of good head movement. the way he combined his head movement and his left hand to parry Ngannou's right uppercut and counter with his own right cross was brilliantly executed by the champion.

Glad u noticed his footwork too! That was something else that had caught my eye

i only watched a highlight video but that was the main thing that stood out to me

yes, it was refreshing to see for me, because not many MMA fighters in general, let alone HWs, have any sort of good head movement. the way he combined his head movement and his left hand to parry Ngannou's right uppercut and counter with his own right cross was brilliantly executed by the champion.
It’s funny how fundamentals are so lacking that one can win a fight based off just employing a sound gameplan with good fundamentals.

Yes, TS.. In fact me and my friends at the bar were joking about how far all of Francis' punches were missing by! It was impressive. Reminded me of TJ and Cody.

Back