Alexander Gustafsson could take the heavyweight belt

Pitier of Fools

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think Gus is actually a terrible matchup for Stipe. He has a rock solid chin (except for the time he got Rumbled), and more technical striking than Stipe. His wrestling is good enough to not get laid on, and he's got a higher work rate than Stipe. I think he could win a five round fight by decision. Stipe's not that much bigger either.

Stipe would murder him i believe.

Gustafsson's best win is against a washed Glover Teixeira. The wank this guy gets is unbelievable.

why is he draining himself to make 205 then?

I think Gus is actually a terrible matchup for Stipe. He has a rock solid chin (except for the time he got Rumbled), and more technical striking than Stipe. His wrestling is good enough to not get laid on, and he's got a higher work rate than Stipe. I think he could win a five round fight by decision. Stipe's not that much bigger either.

Gus has done what he has by being a huge LHW, much like Jones.

At HW he's not going to have that size advantage.

Stipe just dominated one of the most hyped, intimidating fighters in a while and people respond to it by claiming various LHWs would be able to take him. Fucking Gustafsson? Really?

<{cruzshake}>

Gustafsson's best win is against a washed Glover Teixeira. The wank this guy gets is unbelievable.

His best win is against Jon Jones

gus-jones-punch-sweat.jpg

I'd like to see how Gus looks at heavyweight, sure, I'd be interested in watching both DC and Gus fight Stipe. It doesn't seem like Cain will be coming back any time soon, plus hes only on a 1 fight win streak from 2 years ago hahahahaha.

His performances against the two lhw goats are enough t overshadow any wn the rest of the division has.

There is little doubt that Gustafsson would be immediately elite at HW, given the shittiness of the HW division. Not sure he beats Miocic, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing it

<{titihmm}>

Amazing how many complete homer tools use DCs close fights against cheater Jones as justification of him as a LHW goat, but refuse to call Gus the same for his narrow losses.

well i'd like to see that but my money would be at Stipe

kinda off topic but how many times we saw legit LHWs x legit HWs at MMA? like Maldonado vs. Stipe? gotta remember Maldonado had a fucking fantastic chin and never had been finished with strikes before facing Stipe, actually he was winning some fights BECAUSE OF his chin and ability to comeback after people gassed out of beating the shit of him while they couldn't finish the fight

what happened then?

Stipe CRUSHED him
PossibleCompassionateLangur.gif

HWs are just different, their power is special stuff, just because you can take a punch at LHW doesn't mean you will be able to bang with these monsters, Jared Cannonier comes to mind aswell, he is doing ok at LHW, went to decision with Glover and Jan B, put a beating on Cutelaba and another bum, but my man Shawn is another example of a HEAAAAVY hitter

shawn-jordan-tko-and-backflip.gif

well i'd like to see that but my money would be at Stipe

kinda off topic but how many times we saw legit LHWs x legit HWs at MMA? like Maldonado vs. Stipe? gotta remember Maldonado had a fucking fantastic chin and never had been finished with strikes before facing Stipe, actually he was winning some fights BECAUSE OF his chin and ability to comeback after people gassed out of beating the shit of him while they couldn't finish the fight

what happened then?

Stipe CRUSHED him
PossibleCompassionateLangur.gif

HWs are just different, their power is special stuff, just because you can take a punch at LHW doesn't mean you will be able to bang with these monsters, Jared Cannonier comes to mind aswell, he is doing ok at LHW, went to decision with Glover and Jan B, put a beating on Cutelaba and another bum, but my man Shawn is another example of a HEAAAAVY hitter

shawn-jordan-tko-and-backflip.gif
Bro Maldanado is a 185er who had huge amounts of mileage on his chin. There are plenty of guys who could come in at 220lbs and beat the tar off a HW, including Stipe if I was a betting man.

Back