Hats off to Ngannou...

TrueFightFan

Fight Purist
Banned
Reaction score
I had posted my disdain for all of the crap the media, the UFC, Rogan and the shills were trying to feed us in regards to Ngannou but I do have to take a step back from the battle over the hype and take my hat off to the man.

Much respect to Ngannou for being a true sportsman, noble in defeat and giving Miocic credit for beating him. He made no excuses, whatsoever, and admitted he had much to work on to get back to the big dance but he did so without relinquishing the confidence in himself to work hard and to make it happen.

His story is the true "rags to riches" tale but not one in which anything was handed to him. He put in the work to get where he needed to be and, lord knows, the UFC did everything they could to hype him up. He failed, this time. Maybe he comes back, maybe he doesn't but he fought his butt off. Too much, too fast but you never turn down an opportunity because you never know when the next one comes around.

Kudos to Ngannou, not that it means anything coming from a "neck-bearded Sherdogger in his basement" but the man has my respect.

I had posted my disdain for all of the crap the media, the UFC, Rogan and the shills were trying to feed us in regards to Ngannou but I do have to take a step back from the battle over the hype and take my hat off to the man.

Much respect to Ngannou for being a true sportsman, noble in defeat and giving Miocic credit for beating him. He made no excuses, whatsoever, and admitted he had much to work on to get back to the big dance but he did so without relinquishing the confidence in himself to work hard and to make it happen.

His story is the true "rags to riches" tale but not one in which anything was handed to him. He put in the work to get where he needed to be and, lord knows, the UFC did everything they could to hype him up. He failed, this time. Maybe he comes back, maybe he doesn't but he fought his butt off. Too much, too fast but you never turn down an opportunity because you never know when the next one comes around.

Kudos to Ngannou, not that it means anything coming from a "neck-bearded Sherdogger in his basement" but the man has my respect.
At least its your basement and not your Mom's. Well said.

I respect any man/women who steps into any combat arena and competes. I've competed in amatuer boxing, not near the level as the pros, and let me say, this shit is not for everyone. It takes a special person to do this.

Back