Being a Stipe hater is getting hard

illegalnature

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Never liked him, just seems so plain and average with generic boxing skills that work in the heavyweight division and wrestling accolades from oustide MMA. Add to the fact he's in a sweet spot of a UFC HW division's timeline.

That being said none of that is really his fault, he can't help he is the champ and faces who the UFC schedules him to face instead of ducking people like Conor.

I root him against him everytime like last night but now i feel like there's no real reason for any of us to genuinely dislike the guy. If you like MMA you can't really not like Stipe at this point.

That's a weird reason to hate him.

He's a cool guy. I always watch the embeddeds for his fights and have a chuckle. I wish he was my neighbor.

He's a cool guy. I always watch the embeddeds for his fights and have a chuckle. I wish he was my neighbor.

There are fighters that project an aura of terror. A lot of people seem to crave that—look at the recent hype train for Ngannou. But I never got the appeal of it. It seems so one-dimensional to me.

Stipe projects an aura of...neighbor. Or uncle, or frat boy. Somebody you know or would really like to know. Someone to pal around with, not idolize.

Who just happens to be able to fuckin' kill people.

And THAT I find fascinating...and far more terrifying.

I had a hard time pinning down how he's so effective. One big thing I noticed in this last fight is his chin and his defensive skills. His head movement and reflexes to dodge that early onslaught saved him. I didn't realize he moved so well.

Stipe is matt hughes 2.0 good hardy midwestern shitkicker. Nothing to not like.

lol seriously?

After that ''''match''''?

The 'Herb Dean keeps saying 'let's work' ' match?

lol

Perfect? Yes. Fight? No. Sorry.

Don't be sorry if you can't read textbook definition of fight. Not everyone can read or write. I don't hold it against you

Never liked him, just seems so plain and average with generic boxing skills that work in the heavyweight division and wrestling accolades from oustide MMA. Add to the fact he's in a sweet spot of a UFC HW division's timeline.

That being said none of that is really his fault, he can't help he is the champ and faces who the UFC schedules him to face instead of ducking people like Conor.

I root him against him everytime like last night but now i feel like there's no real reason for any of us to genuinely dislike the guy. If you like MMA you can't really not like Stipe at this point.

Same situation with Mighty Mouse in certain aspects.

You got a list of fighters to root for. Pick one. I’m staying with my man, #andstill

lol seriously?

lol

I know it's hard to accept that your favorite fighter would lose to Stipe on their best day.

But you will learn to cope

HW fights are usually exciting and his previous fight were, this one went 4 rounds too long, first round was great and then Ngannou gassed badly and got exposed, Stipe wasnt in stellar shape either imo, or he played a little too safe and fight wasnt entertaining at all.

Stipe seems like a really good dude, not sure how you can hate on him.

lol seriously?

lol

Hard to criticize fighting style when he came off of 4 straight 1st round knockouts though. He fought a smart fight, similar to what he did to Hunt except Francis was able to last a couple more minutes.

Hard to criticize fighting style when he came off of 4 straight 1st round knockouts though. He fought a smart fight, similar to what he did to Hunt except Francis was able to last a couple more minutes.

This.
If you didn't enjoy Stipe's performance you're not a fan of MMA, go watch kickboxing or some shit.

Back