Tyron Woodley vs Douglas Lima - how would it go?

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I favor Lima. Seeing what he did to Rory, he could have easily won that fight with some very minor adjustments. He showed good cardio and those devasting leg kicks he is known for.

Rory went to the hospital while Lima looked like he could go another 2 rounds post fight. I’d favor Lima in a rematch.

8FDF7DF5-4665-404D-8AD5-90A3F9E0D64A.jpeg D6F9A436-1B36-4D64-8470-8BF74792EE63.jpeg

Woodley can only consistently wrestle for one round nowadays (as shown in his Wonderboy fights) in fear of gassing. Woodley wouldn’t be able to win via lay and pray because he doesn’t have the gas tank for it.

That means the fight would stay standing for the most part and that’s where Lima has the significant striking advantage.

I see Lima KOing Woodley in the 4th round.

Thoughts?

Tyron Woodley by easy UD, Lima has shit wrestling.

It would probably be a boring fight. Their striking is pretty similar, low volume, mostly on the counter, hard as fuck and crippling low kicks. Woodley obviously has better wrestling but rarely uses it offensively.

Lima fought yesterday, so he's done more for me lately! ;)

The pic is the only memorable thing from that fight. Rory won via panicwrestling and was afraid to strike since the beginning.

Lima is great but Woodley is that much better in a couple areas.

I don't know who would win but Lima definitely has a chance in that fight, anyone who thinks otherwise is just being a dullard. I'm not a huge fan of the term panic wrestle like some of you goofs on here but that's exactly what Rory Mac did against Lima pretty much the whole fight. Lima's legs were noticeably larger than Rory's and had he thrown more kicks to the body and head it could of been lights out for Rory; I think Lima was afraid of the takedown though which is why he worked the lower leg. I also think when Lima had Rory on the mat from that leg kick in the 4th round I think it was, had he not chosen to get on top of him and had of kept kicking him or let him back up he could of finished the fight. Bottom line is Lima is world class and doesn't get the respect he deserves.

All depends on if Woodley can catch his kicks. If he can Woodley by UD, if not Lima by TKO late on after Woodley is crippled.

I'd bet on Woodley.

Back