Which fighter has the highest fight IQ?

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Even though I am not a fan, I can not dismiss Jon's fight IQ. I'm a huge Cormier fan, but the story of how Jon told Frank Mir that the first fight he will break Cormier's will, and second fight he will finish him sent chills down my spine. I don't know how true it was though.

With that said, Stipe's performance last night seemed to be on another level as well.

Then there is Anderson Silva with his Matrix bullet dodging skills, and of course Fedor.

Who takes it?

Last edited:
1. Jones, though we don't know how much of his confidence was from PEDs.

2. Stipe. Only flaw is he drops his hands a bit too much.

3. Not a popular choice, but Woodley. Dude knows how to win.

4. Mighty Mouse. Flaw is lack of killer competition.

All time is tie between Jones and GSP.

Last edited:
Mighty Mouse is able to quickly read opponents and switch gears on a dime.

TJ Dillashaw
Anderson Silva
Conor McGregor
Demetrious Johnson
Georges St Pierre
Fabricio Werdum
Jon Jones
Frank Edgar
Khabib Nermagomedov

In the moment...those are the best to date.

Mighty Mouse and St Pierre. Must be doing something right to stay on top for so long.

serveimage

Come at me, Bro. <Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves>

Jones and mm. Also gsp.

I always had great appreciation for Gustafssons fight IQ after the way he finished Matt Hamill, and with the way he took to wrestling like a fish to water after he found some legit coaches.

Granted he's had some fights that disqualify him from competing at the top in this category.

Demetrious and it's not even close.

It's not even close to close.

Jones is impressive but lets his ego take over and stupidly puts himself in danger too often. He gets away with it because LHW is shallow as shit and he's younger with fast recovery. 125 is also shallow, but DJ is still smart enough to minimize the danger.

Also, DJ has 14 wins in the weight class above his division. You want to build high fight IQ? Fight a TON of dudes who are bigger than you.

a lot mentioned above, and i'll add Gegard Mousasi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back