Jacare just turned 39...How much more does he have left in the tank?

ArmenianAssasin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
His movement looked extremely slow and labored against Whittaker

Obviously Jacare is a world class grappler who really did well in developing his stand up skills but I think his athletic ability is something that is really taken into consideration

He opened up -160 Against Brunson who has looked really good lately...

thoughts on the fight and how much gas Jacare has left in the tank?(father time is ultimately undefeated)

Jacare by actually having fight IQ, Brunson has been looking good against Dan Kelly and Machida, he is fighting a total different monster now

Jacare has a hell of a chin, i don't see Brunson lighting him out, Whittaker gave him 2 minutes of a beatdown in order to stop the fight

Brunson sucks I'm picking Jacare.

Still in the same age bracket though

Rooting for Jacare but think Brunson lands the left
Yeah but strikers age quickly than grapplers due to getting hit more in their career, there's a reason Werdum and Maia are contenders at 40 years old and usually strikers at 38 are done

Yeah but strikers age quickly than grapplers due to getting hit more in their career, there's a reason Werdum and Maia are contenders at 40 years old and usually strikers at 38 are done

True....but athleticism has a lot to do with wrestling/being able to take a guy down

Thats why Maia has faded so much .. Jacare couldnt even come close against Whittaker

Brunson sucks I'm picking Jacare.
I dunno. Leaked footage from Brunson's training camp should have Jacare worried.

200.gif

True....but athleticism has a lot to do with wrestling/being able to take a guy down

Thats why Maia has faded so much .. Jacare couldnt even come close against Whittaker
No doubt but let's not forget how their first fight went.. Jacare won on the stand up, didn't need a takedown to make work of Brunson, whose chin is suspect and leaves himself too open

No doubt but let's not forget how their first fight went.. Jacare won on the stand up, didn't need a takedown to make work of Brunson, whose chin is suspect and leaves himself too open

if that was 5 1/2 years ago... The Jacare's hand speed was scary back then. The latest version against Whittaker/Bosch looked extremely slow

Brunson has also improved dramatically since then

Brunson is a completely different fighter, now, and Jacare has clearly declined physically. Jacare has never been airtight defensively on the feet, and Brunson has genuine power and is closer to his physical prime.

He looked not good versus Robert. I'd like to see him mix up his game more, ala' RDA. Bring that scary grappling game back...but, who knows, his age might be a big factor now. Huge fan though.

Sherdog doesn't seem to get how much a person declines by their late 30's biologically.

if that was 5 1/2 years ago... The Jacare's hand speed was scary back then. The latest version against Whittaker/Bosch looked extremely slow

Brunson has also improved dramatically since then

In fairness to Jacare, his shoulder was royally fucked going into that fight. In hindsight, he should have had surgery first. We'll see how he looks, some people never came back 100% after major surgery.

In fairness to Jacare, his shoulder was royally fucked going into that fight. In hindsight, he should have had surgery first. We'll see how he looks, some people never came back 100% after major surgery.

I just dropped from money on Brunson -- I rewatched his fight against Boetsch and his hands are clearly slow and has same labored movement

his athleticism/movement look completely gone (Prolly a combo of USDA and age)

It's threads like this that will make me $$$ on the fight.

Don't bet against Jacare.

I think Jacare's slowed down considerably since there last fight (as 39 years olds should). With Brunson's TDD sitting at 100% I see it staying on the feet and Brunson just being faster to the punch.

I just really really hope he gets his TS before he hangs them up. He is a special talent.

Plus I had had Jacare is rounds 2 and 3 against Romero so 29-28 Jacare

Back