Ngannou is only at stage 2. Heavyweights beware.

The Witcher

відродитися
@Silver
Reaction score
Francis Ngannou lost some steam yesterday. While his power is always a threat, his inability to add more weapons and attributes to his game cost him the fight to miocic, the best UFC heavy ever. Why was Francis not prepared?

I did some investigating and found this evolution chart.

latest.jpg

It is safe to say Ngannou is at the second stage of his mma evolution. As pictured you see a warrior, unrefined with basic weaponry. He will kill most at this stage but not all. A proper gameplan and strategy can outwit the warrior who relies on otherworld power and athleticism.

When will stage 3 arrive?

I reckon two years. Stage 3 predator has jabs, leg kicks, better cardio, solid TDD and straight right hand rather than just looping bushwhacker uppercuts. Stage 3 Francis wont be beaten-if he gets there.

Stage 4... we arent ready for that. No one is.

I look foward to seeing Ngannou moving forward from the loss and seeing what skills he can gain. Im not sure how he can be heavily criticised after losing a decision to the UFC heavyweight GOAT.

Nah, I reckon Hunto would take him to the cleaner.

21ca104ffc0608a86ac82999192fbf6a--super-vegeta-dragonball-super.jpg

Agreed...

Ngannou should spend some time at Lord Beerus' Castle so we can see his God form

Francis Ngannou lost some steam yesterday. While his power is always a threat, his inability to add more weapons and attributes to his game cost him the fight to miocic, the best UFC heavy ever. Why was Francis not prepared?

I did some investigating and found this evolution chart.

View attachment 328569

It is safe to say Ngannou is at the second stage of his mma evolution. As pictured you see a warrior, unrefined with basic weaponry. He will kill most at this stage but not all. A proper gameplan and strategy can outwit the warrior who relies on otherworld power and athleticism.

When will stage 3 arrive?

I reckon two years. Stage 3 predator has jabs, leg kicks, better cardio, solid TDD and straight right hand rather than just looping bushwhacker uppercuts. Stage 3 Francis wont be beaten-if he gets there.

Stage 4... we arent ready for that. No one is.

I look foward to seeing Ngannou moving forward from the loss and seeing what skills he can gain. Im not sure how he can be heavily criticised after losing a decision to the UFC heavyweight GOAT.

Assuming he will just ‘pick up ‘ skills naturally and assimilate it into his game is ridiculous! What will everyone else stop training?? Will they forget their years of training?? Contrary to what joe Rogan keeps telling everyone I see no sign of a freak athlete! His technique is bad, takedown defense horrible, ground game non existent!! All he did was knock out two over the hill heavyweights with shot chins and everyone believed the hype......again

Assuming he will just ‘pick up ‘ skills naturally and assimilate it into his game is ridiculous! What will everyone else stop training?? Will they forget their years of training?? Contrary to what joe Rogan keeps telling everyone I see no sign of a freak athlete! His technique is bad, takedown defense horrible, ground game non existent!! All he did was knock out two over the hill heavyweights with shot chins and everyone believed the hype......again
This post is quite stupid. But yes he did beat a couple of blokes who have been finished many times. He just looked impressive doing it.

You're criticism of Ngannou is a bit extreme. The guy is 6-1 in the UFC and only started training 4 years ago. I mean, his only loss is a five round decision to the champ. He arguably did better than Stipe's last 5 opponents. Give the guy some credit. The hype was overdone, but this anti-Ngannou rhetoric is beginning to surpass the hype train rhetoric. Provided he gets better training and coaching, the guy could go far. He showed a tough chin and plenty of heart against Stipe. There's still a lot of potential there.

<This7>
You're criticism of Ngannou is a bit extreme. The guy is 6-1 in the UFC and only started training 4 years ago. I mean, his only loss is a five round decision to the champ. He arguably did better than Stipe's last 5 opponents. Give the guy some credit. The hype was overdone, but this anti-Ngannou rhetoric is beginning to surpass the hype train rhetoric. Provided he gets better training and coaching, the guy could go far. He showed a tough chin and plenty of heart against Stipe. There's still a lot of potential there.

I stopped reading at Miocic, the best HW ever

Ngannou has a solid career coming. The dude IS pretty young in the sport and will probably keep getting better. That said, I'm glad Stipe beat him.

It's more difficult for a guy that big to learn proper technique. Could you imagine a normally sized human being rolling with Ngannou?

He'll be back. He got exposed in several ways, but hw is a division where 2 wins can get you a title shot. He needs to get some cardio

You would be of a tiny minority who thinks that. Im guessing velasquez is your top pick?
Yes. I think Cain beats him.

I think Cro Cop in his prime beats him, but not necessarily while Cro Cop was in the ufc.

I think Randy and Sylvia could go either way also.

I think when Kerr was young and healthy, he beats him.

Let the man work on his cardio... Plus some grappling. Don't know what you need to improve until it is exposed... He will be near or at the top for a long time.

It's more difficult for a guy that big to learn proper technique. Could you imagine a normally sized human being rolling with Ngannou?
I've been wondering about that. Guys this big must have trouble getting proper training when most guys are smaller than them.

Back