Predator Post fight Presser -

ramair455

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Cliff notes
- learned more tonight than in the last 4 yrs
- Stipe was tougher than i thought. I touched a few times in the first rounds and he didn't go down like I thought he would.
- My weight cut had nothing to do with my bad performance
- I started to fast & hard for the first 2 rds.
- I underestimated Stipe, had a very good game plan
- Even though my body wanted to give up my mind didnt let me
- I need to learn how to pace my self in the 1st few rds
- Ill fight anyone again Stipe or anyone the UFC puts in front of me.
- Ill keep training at the UFC Performance Institute
- I still have a lot to learn, I have only been in this sport for 4 yrs

Too much to all to soon for the Predator...will he be back?

The ufc performance institute confuses me.

It is a training camp that ufc pays for? Are any ufc fighters welcome?

What is it???

What is it???

I thought it was just a bad ass facility that any UFC fighter could bring his or her coaches to and
use everything they offer. So your coaches still are your trainers obviously

but they also have nutritionists and massage therapists and what not.

Underestimating the guy with the belt doesnt sound like a smart thing to do

What is it???

its most likely a strategy to low ball the contracts in order to pay less for the training camps clauses, i bet its something like that

Thanks for the cliffs.

He definitely has nothing to be embarrassed about. He didn't get finished, and he gave the champ a hard time in the opening rounds. There is nothing but going up from here. He'll be changed in 1-2 years. I look forward to it.

Thanks for the cliffs.

He definitely has nothing to be embarrassed about. He didn't get finished, and he gave the champ a hard time in the opening rounds. There is nothing but going up from here. He'll be changed in 1-2 years. I look forward to it.

It may not be a reason to be embarrassed, but it’s noteworthy that he talked a lot of shit about koing stipe and how stipe was only the champ because he hadn’t arrived yet, but then got worked over for 25 minutes.

Perhaps not embarrass worthy, but worthy of some “stfu” for a while.

It may not be a reason to be embarrassed, but it’s noteworthy that he talked a lot of shit about koing stipe and how stipe was only the champ because he hadn’t arrived yet, but then got worked over for 25 minutes.

I mean, he was hyping a fight and needed to get in the right mindset. He would have been a lot less interesting if he wasn't as confident as he was. Also his performance may have differed. Athletes need that mindset and confidence.

He didn't say anything noteworthy and put his foot in his mouth leading up to the fight. Can't blame the guy for believing in himself.

Being wrong shouldn't be looked down upon.

Well, you can't blame him though. He beat two legends easily, so how could he know Stipe would take his punches and keep coming? plus the endurance for 5 rounds, plus the wrestling and control....

it is something he never experienced before, so not his fault he did not even know such a level existed.

IMO it is kind of UFC's fault for having such a shallow HW division where someone can rise to the top without being truly tested.

I thought it was just a bad ass facility that any UFC fighter could bring his or her coaches to and
use everything they offer. So your coaches still are your trainers obviously

but they also have nutritionists and massage therapists and what not.
That's exactly what it is!

Thanks for the cliffs.

Agreed fully. I look forward to his evolution. Besides, he's at most 2 good wins from another TS, which he can get in a year. I'd like to see him versus the winner of Black Beast/Tybura because
1. Him versus Black Beast would be hilarious
2. I don't want him getting wrestlefucked again

After that maybe a Reem rematch for the lulz? Reem has expressed interest. In the meantime he can train grappling like crazy.

Agreed fully. I look forward to his evolution. Besides, he's at most 2 good wins from another TS, which he can get in a year. I'd like to see him versus the winner of Black Beast/Tybura because
1. Him versus Black Beast would be hilarious
2. I don't want him getting wrestlefucked again

After that maybe a Reem rematch for the lulz? Reem has expressed interest. In the meantime he can train grappling like crazy.
Let him welcome Rumble to heavyweight.

As a fan and a participant of MMA for over 10 years it never fails to amaze me that so many people go into the cage with subpar wrestling preparation, against experienced wrestlers and expect to be somewhere in the fight besides on their backs.

It happens in the UFC, it happens in the amateur ranks.

There's always someone that thinks they can climb the ranks without putting that time on the mats, or in nagannous case probably thought minimal mat time was sufficient.

You learn more from a loss than a win. Now he knows he needs major cardio to compete. But he hung in there and props for not getting finished...

Back