Francis did better than all of Stipes past title defences

RoyJonesJr

Carti Season
@red
Reaction score
JDS got slept in the first

Overeem got slept in the first

Werdum got slept in the first (Not a defence but he won the belt)

<seedat>

Francis did bad, but he was able to last all 5. He did better than MMA elites like Overeem and Werdum who have been training all facets of MMA for the past 20 years, and they all failed to last as long as Francis.

Francis is an amazing athlete and got this far basically with no BJJ and wrestling.

Francis needs a better camp with better sparring partners. It's unlikely he'll ever fix his cardio, but at least he can go on another run with improved wrestling.

I just doubt he'll win the belt unless the stars align. Cardio is key in today's MMA and just like Aldo, I feel like he won't be able to fix it fully. Once he VS another fighter that can push the pace and weather the storm he'll likely be defeated again. But then again, when Stipe got KOED by Stefan Struve none of thought he would go on a tear.

BTW Cain wins the belt back in 2k18 via better Cardio

You do have a point.

Which means Stipe is such an absolute badass that his toughest defence so far was an unanimous 50-44. Let that sink in.

Yeah I thought about that earlier as well.

He's taking a tremendous amount of heat as being one-dimensional and overrated, but the guy DID survive the entire 5 rounds against Stipe, when Miocic has knocked out his last 4 previous opponents all in the first round.

Ngannou was in over his head at this stage of his career, but he showed toughness and heart last night, despite being gassed almost from the getgo.

I do believe he will be champion one day if he continues to evolve. He's only been training for 4 years,

Overeem was a split second decision from finishing Stipe (going for a moronic guillotine after he badly hurt him), but aside from that, yeah.

Yeah I thought about that earlier as well.

He's taking a tremendous amount of heat as being one-dimensional and overrated, but the guy DID survive the entire 5 rounds against Stipe, when Miocic has knocked out his last 4 previous opponents all in the first round.

Ngannou was in over his head at this stage of his career, but he showed toughness and heart last night, despite being gassed almost from the getgo.

I do believe he will be champion one day if he continues to evolve. He's only been training for 4 years,

Yup and I think he's only 34 which is like 24 in any other division. He will ALWAYS have that 1 punch power, now we just needs to train some more and get some TDD and basic escape skills.

Overeem flash KO'd Stipe and then let him off the hook

Conor did better against Floyd than Victor Ortiz, Gatti, Fatton etc.

Ngannou is tough. Not sure why people are happy he lost, rather than happy stipe won

You could tell that he had some next level lactic acid buildup. He wasn't even breathing that hard yet he couldn't move at all. That's the worst fucking feeling.

PaltryMammothClownanemonefish.gif

Stipe was probably too aggressive in this fight, just walking the Reem down. He employed a much smarter gameplan against Francis.

Last edited:
Ah the good ole moral victory.....

For when you just can't accept defeat

Love the passive agressive struve comment too

Let's put it this way....Stipe played it the safest he's ever fought and still 50-44'd a guy

probably more to the fact Francis is young in fight mileage. He has an extra durable chin! Some of those shots he took would have dropped most guys! He was barely rocked.

But you are going to find Mr Ngannou knocked shitless by the cardio machine called Cain. Likewise Werdum is going to walk through him as well. Werdum's punching is among the best in the H.W. division and everyone knows that his BJJ is without question light years ahead of any other H.W. Plus Werdum has great cardio.

You could tell that he had some next level lactic acid buildup. He wasn't even breathing that hard yet he couldn't move at all. That's the worst fucking feeling.
once the legs go, its over.

part of me thinks that stipe could've finished him with a sub earlier if he wanted but wanted to prove a point to dana.

<{katwhu}>

PaltryMammothClownanemonefish.gif

Stipe was probably too aggressive in the fight with walking the Reem down. He employed a much smarter gameplan against Francis.
Definitely too agressive...he literally had to chase the reem ass down to end up caught by that econoreem trickery

I honestly think stipe could have got the finish if he pushed himself...but why risk it...it's high risk low reward

Same thing If say cain faces ngannou
he better tone himself down agressive wise while standing....and I honestly love cain

giphy.gif

Definitely too agressive...he literally had to chase the reem ass down to end up caught by that econoreem trickery

I honestly think stipe could have got the finish if he pushed himself...but why risk it...it's high risk low reward

Same thing If say cain faces ngannou
he better tone himself down agressive wise while standing....and I honestly love cain

giphy.gif
What is the next fight for Stipe?

Yup and I think he's only 34 which is like 24 in any other division. He will ALWAYS have that 1 punch power, now we just needs to train some more and get some TDD and basic escape skills.

Back