The main event was garbage

LuchaBear

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The loser was incredibly hyped up only to get tired after a single round in a five round fight..

The winner for most of the match had to resort to laying on his opponent and using all his weight to get him tired..

Entertaining stuff huh?
tenor.gif

Why does the ref let one guy lay on another while nothing happens? Who is entertained by these "smart game plans?" Or better yet, who enjoys point fighting? Because that's all the heavyweight champion did after the first round.

Do you think this fight brought in one new fan into MMA? Did you enjoy paying money to see a guy hold back and point fight his way to a UFC heavyweight win record?

Boo MMA, you absolutely suck these days.

It was good unless you bought the ridiculous Ngannou hype.

If you don't like grappling, don't watch MIXED martial arts

Was Stipe supposed to wildly swing at Ngannou and get KO'ed like Overeem?

It was good if you put money on Stipe.

Boo hoo TS. No one is making you watch.

I was pretty entertained and impressed by Stipe's chin, his ability to dominate the bigger guy in grappling, the volume of strikes he landed, that 4th round, and Ngannou's heart and will when he never gave up.

This thread is garbage.

Not bad if you didnt pay money to watch.

I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED Stipe's masterful shutdown performance over Ngannou. Stipe dominated EVERY ASPECT of the fight. And I could not have been happier that Stipe put an end to this Ngannou hype train.

Also Burgos vs Kattar was an amazing fucking fight. Just goes to show you how the level of depth and talent at 145 and 155 BLOW AWAY all other divisions

My only disappointment was Volkan choking. LHW is such a weak pathetic shallow division. This is why both DC and Jones are insanely over rated. They compete in a kiddie pool

I had my laptop and the television on watching both Bellator and the UFC simultaneously. It worked out to where I only had to pause the UFC main event and vinish watching Rampge Chael. The only fight that I thought sucked was the McDonald Lima fight.

Stipe Ngannue isn't a fight that I would want to watch again, but it was entertaining to watch unfold. Stipe's fight IQ was very impressive and he did what he had to do to tame a very powerful beast. Card for card fight for fight the UFC had a better product last night imo.

Last edited:
Main even was garbage if you wanted Ngannou to win.

That fight was definitely NOT lay&pray

If you don't like grappling, don't watch MIXED martial arts

Was Stipe supposed to wildly swing at Ngannou and get KO'ed like Overeem?

I love how this is always the response... How did we go from Stipe taking the easy way out and laying on top of the guy round after round to "swinging wildly?" I would barely call that grappling because nothing was happening. Laying on top of your opponent just to get them tired is boring as fuck. Don't act like anyone into judo, wrestling or J.J would be entertained by this..

At what point do you take off your MMA nerd hat and realize that this is isn't entertaining? Is that not why you watch this stuff? To enjoy yourself? Or does a smart boring game plan outweigh everything else for you? Yes he could have done much more and tried to end the fight but he chose not too because he didn't have to. No "swinging wildly" was needed.

There's a reason why these days, less bars are playing PPV's and if a fight doesn't have a major name, then most people you know will simply not care for it.. It's because of point fighting garbage like this.

So take your grasping grappling and swinging wildly comment and shove it up your ass.

I love how this is always the response... How did we go from Stipe taking the easy way out and laying on top of the guy round after round to "swinging wildly?" I would barely call that grappling because nothing was happening. Laying on top of your opponent just to get them tired is boring as fuck. Don't act like anyone into judo, wrestling or J.J would be entertained by this..

At what point do you take off your MMA nerd hat and realize that this is isn't entertaining? Is that not why you watch this stuff? To enjoy yourself? Or does a smart boring game plan outweigh everything else for you? Yes he could have done much more and tried to end the fight but he chose not too because he didn't have to. No "swinging wildly" was needed.

There's a reason why these days, less bars are playing PPV's and if a fight doesn't have a major name, then most people you know will simply not care for it.. It's because of point fighting garbage like this.

So take your grasping grappling and swinging wildly comment and shove it up your ass.
They stream so it doesn't matter to them lol

The loser was incredibly hyped up only to get tired after a single round in a five round fight..

The winner for most of the match had to resort to laying on his opponent and using all his weight to get him tired..

Entertaining stuff huh?
tenor.gif

Why does the ref let one guy lay on another while nothing happens? Who is entertained by these "smart game plans?" Or better yet, who enjoys point fighting? Because that's all the heavyweight champion did after the first round.

Do you think this fight brought in one new fan into MMA? Did you enjoy paying money to see a guy hold back and point fight his way to a UFC heavyweight win record?

Boo MMA, you absolutely suck these days.
It's supposedly a sport and not sports entertainment. You should watch WWE which is sports entertainment meant for people like you.

Yes let's compare shit to other shit because that will eventually make one side look much better...

<YeahOKJen>
Oh...you mean like comparing your shitty thread to other shitty threads of the same topic.

Gotcha.

Back