Can we stop all the P4P nonsense now?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There's always this fictional argument of how so and so is "p4p" the greatest because in some make believe world if he was to morph to the size of a HW his skill would be superior.

Let's stop with the fairy tales, Stipe Miocic is the best fighter in the world right now, and the rest are just weight cutters and divisional champions.

He's not only the HW champion, he's also constantly fighting bigger heavier guys, something that hardly ever gets acknowledged in the HW division.

We can dream of some magic world where a guy like Mighty Mouse morphs into a HW and retains his speed and agility, but in the real world it doesn't work like that.

I can talk about how my cat is more agile than a tiger, but in the real world my cat gets eaten.

There is only one king that rules them all, the rest are just noble lords that rule their limited patch of land, afraid to step out of the safety of their weight class.

True GOAT's dont cut weight.

stipe-miocic.jpg

By the way, could someone with some shoop skills shoop Miocic sitting on the Iron Throne?

in the special olympics, p4p means ''this guy with legs is p4p better than jordan'' -- p4p is a way for the inferior athlete to compensate for his handicap--- heavyweight only class that matters, the rest are separate like junior, woman, handicapped

Nobody said to morph DJ into a HW or to shrink Stipe into a flyweight for a hypothetical matchup. That is dumb.

P4P is a comparison of champions and how much they dominate their own weight class. People also give bonus points for fighters who fight in multiple weight classes.

Every weight class requires different skills and strategies. I respect champs of all weight classes.

Nobody said to morph DJ into a HW or to shrink Stipe into a flyweight for a hypothetical matchup. That is dumb.

P4P is a comparison of champions and how much they dominate their own weight class. People also give bonus points for fighters who fight in multiple weight classes.

Every weight class requires different skills and strategies. I respect champs of all weight classes.
Ok fine, but lets not pretend that beating a bunch of manlets is comparable to putting grown men to sleep.

I mean, I can be in awe of my cat's agility and hunting prowess, I'm pretty sure it kills more often than the average tiger... but in the real world it just doesn't matter as much.

There's always this fictional argument of how so and so is "p4p" the greatest because in some make believe world if he was to morph to the size of a HW his skill would be superior.

Let's stop with the fairy tales, Stipe Miocic is the best fighter in the world right now, and the rest are just weight cutters and divisional champions.

He's not only the HW champion, he's also constantly fighting bigger heavier guys, something that hardly ever gets acknowledged in the HW division.

We can dream of some magic world where a guy like Mighty Mouse morphs into a HW and retains his speed and agility, but in the real world it doesn't work like that.

I can talk about how my cat is more agile than a tiger, but in the real world my cat gets eaten.

There is only one king that rules them all, the rest are just noble lords that rule their limited patch of land, afraid to step out of the safety of their weight class.

True GOAT's dont cut weight.

stipe-miocic.jpg
Using your argument, then it is also a "fairy-tale" that Stipe is the best fighter in the world. The world has 7 Billion people, and he hasn't even fought 1% of them.

With your argument, you can't even say Stipe is the best HW in the UFC. He hasn't fought all the HWs in the UFC, and Stefan Struve has beaten him.

So, you are wrong. There is something called extrapolation, and when you have enough data points, it is reasonable to extrapolate. Why? because we can't realistically account for every scenario.

We say Stipe is the best fighter in the world, because we have some data points to make that extrapolation. The same way we can say a smaller fighter is p4p the best fighter in the world, if we have enough data points to extrapolate.

Using your argument, then it is also a "fairy-tale" that Stipe is the best fighter in the world. The world has 7 Billion people, and he hasn't even fought 1% of them.

With your argument, you can't even say Stipe is the best HW in the UFC. He hasn't fought all the HWs in the UFC, and Stefan Struve has beaten him.

So, you are wrong. There is something called extrapolation, and when you have enough data points, it is reasonable to extrapolate. Why? because we can't realistically account for every scenario.

We say Stipe is the best fighter in the world, because we have some data points to make that extrapolation. The same way we can say a smaller fighter is p4p the best fighter in the world, if we have enough data points to extrapolate.
Not a very good comparison since it's always been common knowledge in combat sport that a skilled big guy beats a skilled little guy. Does that mean that there haven't been cases of the little guy pulling it off, no. But it's reasonable to assume that the HW champion would overcome the MW or LHW champion simply because logic and past experience showed us it's the most likely outcome.

The 7 billion people argument is just silly tho, I mean ya maybe I'm better than Lebron James at basketball but I'm just not gonna bother proving it, bla bla bla...

He's the best fighter that can cut to less than 265lbs. Lol there are some monsters out there that make heavyweights look small

Not a very good comparison since it's always been common knowledge in combat sport that a skilled big guy beats a skilled little guy. Does that mean that there haven't been cases of the little guy pulling it off, no. But it's reasonable to assume that the HW champion would overcome the MW or LHW champion simply because logic and past experience showed us it's the most likely outcome.

The 7 billion people argument is just silly tho, I mean ya maybe I'm better than Lebron James at basketball but I'm just not gonna bother proving it, bla bla bla...
Don't bother with this guy,not the first time he is writing bullshit.He believes it all he writes.
Probably a flat Earth psycho.

@Koro_11

About to sign off so short on time, but how's this?

ValMio4.png

Back