Could Gustafsson Beat DC in a Rematch?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
The first fight between the two was a war that saw DC seal the victory in the later rounds. I was thinking that time may have caught up to DC but he dinged a tough fighter in Volkan with relative ease. Not to mention Gus has always been a silver medalist and lost despite having a significant height and reach advantage over Cormier. I think DC would beat Gus again in a rematch. Thoughts?

Yes he can.

DC is arguably the best fighter on the planet with Jones out. But Gus has physical advantages over DC that can neutralize him like we seen in their first fight.

I'm going with Gus in the rematch.

How is this even a question
First fight was very close ended in a split
Decision victory for dc

It’s a pick em fight imo

Coin flip. Close fight. One that has to be booked next. Winner faces a returning Jones.

I think DC will box him up this time and not give up all those uppercuts.

Frankly DC looked like he slowed down a lot between the 2nd Jones fight and the volkan fight. I think Gus stops him

Gus look very sharp vs Glover... I dont know man

"Winner fights a returning Jones"

I mean lol, whats the point Jones will just cheat or take meth or something to mess it up again.
Just give up on Jones

Gus would have handled the DC that showed up last night imo
Don't know if it's age of him taking Oz lightly tho

If both are at their best I'd take DC

I like Gus but DC has no better in the LHW division right now. If you disqualify people who've been caught cheating, DC is the LHW GOAT and he looks better every time he fights

Gus wins. He has arguably already beat Jones and DC.

With a bit more luck we could be talking about Gus as the LHW goat.

He obviously lost to rumble. But his whole career would have been different if he had been given the W against Jones.

Back