“...and he works as a firefighter”

Kenjamito

Freakin Covid
@Blue
Reaction score
Has anyone heard what kind of firefighter schedule Stipe actually works? I’m just incredibly curious if it’s the full time schedule. A guy I trained with was a firefighter and he would do 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, and when he was on he had to sleep at the station. It seems like they never discuss the balance between his firefighting and ufc fighting.

Two weeks on and off? I'm pretty sure it's usually 2 days on and off.

hes full time i believe

like police fire they usually have like platoons of guys who work set days a week and then u get 2-3 days off or whatever.

Shows how little ufc pays their fighters/champions.

Has anyone heard what kind of firefighter schedule Stipe actually works? I’m just incredibly curious if it’s the full time schedule. A guy I trained with was a firefighter and he would do 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, and when he was on he had to sleep at the station. It seems like they never discuss the balance between his firefighting and ufc fighting.

you should check out the podcast with Rogan, made me like Stipe alot more, pretty cool dude, and on topic he said that because of training now he does shifts but like 1 or 2 days a week if im remembering right, he basically goes in as much as his fighting career allows

I worked at station once. 1 day on 2 days off, 24 hr duty. Lot of liftning on the down time and some training and upkeep. Ate really well.

I worked at station once... 1 day on 2 days off 24hour duty. Lot of liftning on the down time and some training and upkeep. Ate really well.

Yeah. Most firefighters I know have a second job. I can't imagine he actually works full-time whatever the schedule.

He talks in his interviews about it.

Part time paramedic, about 10 shifts a month.

But also says that sometimes he works sixty hours straight- exceptionally, I guess- or that he goes to work beat up after training when he needs to rest.

He's part time at two departments. He explains it in the video below.

(time stamped)

Firefighters typically work 3 days a week, 12 hours shifts for a full time work week.

So there's 4 free days to train full time too.

Stipe's not the first guy to be a firefighter and an MMA fighter

My buddy does 3 on then 4 off, and the next week 4 on and 3 off. 12 hour shifts, shit ton of down time. It's a small municipality outside of Montreal and hasn't had bad house fire in years. Usually a first responder to highway accidents.

Firefighters typically work 3 days a week, 12 hours shifts for a full time work week.

So there's 4 free days to train full time too.

Stipe's not the first guy to be a firefighter and an MMA fighter

Yeah it's actually like the best full time job for a fighter. Most of your on duty time is hanging out at the station anyway so you can do your S&C there too

Most Career Departments are 24 on and 48 off.

Last edited:

I think it's just two days a week. He has discussed it before and how it does not interfere with his training.

He's probably doing it voluntary on the side.
I thought his main gig back in the old days when he needed money, was being an EMT/emergency guy.

The firefighters I know work two days on (48 hours) and five days off.
One cousin and a guy married to a cousin are firefighters.
They get paid for all the time they are there. They get a serious call every 13 days.
Most of these guys have second jobs and are pretty relaxed.

Back