Would JDS have derailed Ngannou?

Gambit MMA

UNDEFEATED YAMMAWEIGHT CHAMPION
@Silver
Reaction score
Thinking back if this fight hadn't been cancelled....

Obviously Ngannou could trap JDS on the fence and get him out of there but what if JDS survives the 1st round? He then boxes Ngannou up and maybe finishes him. Its crazy to think they actually tried booking that fight - they musta really thought Ngannou was next level or something. The skills he displayed vs Stipe showed me that JDS would have beat him if they fought back last August, probably by a clean cut decision after he gases out or maybe JDS even stops him later in the fight

Maybe they rebook the fight now?

I think they should rebook the fight. And I think JDS wins.

Of course he would have. I said all along Werdum would have lit him up as well.

The whole top 5 of the division is ducking American football players and large Eastern Europeans.

Considering how Junior loves to block punches with his face, id say no.

Ngannou would have knocked him out cold imo

Jds has such bad striking defense I beliand he actually gets caught and slept with one of those looping punching

The fight against JDS would have went the same way the Reem fight did. Wrestling is what beat Ngannou

Wrestling is the key vs Ngannou. He cant stop the takedown and doesnt know what to do on the ground.

Ngannou called out Cain once before, I think after the Arlovski win. Let him train and improve while Cain prepares for his return. Let's see them battle for a title shot while Werdum gets his rematch vs Stipe.

I think Ngannou would have and still would KO him in round 1.

Stipe had success against Ngannou in the stand-up because of his takedown threats.

JDS would get KO'd by a younger, larger, stronger, faster brawler in Ngannou.

no. jds not only hasn't evolved his game, he's slowing down too. Ngannou beats him to the punch and puts his lights out.

He can't take those early shots like stipe did and he isn't the grappler stipe is either. pre cain JDS would of been a war though.

My money is on jds , he would beat him the same way he beat rothwell and shane cartwin

Thinking back if this fight hadn't been cancelled....

Obviously Ngannou could trap JDS on the fence and get him out of there but what if JDS survives the 1st round? He then boxes Ngannou up and maybe finishes him. Its crazy to think they actually tried booking that fight - they musta really thought Ngannou was next level or something. The skills he displayed vs Stipe showed me that JDS would have beat him if they fought back last August, probably by a clean cut decision after he gases out or maybe JDS even stops him later in the fight

Maybe they rebook the fight now?
Dude! That’s a legitimate point. If there were ever time to use the BJ Penn....it’s now!
1F65739B-B0FE-4FF7-AD34-2662BD72101B.gif

Back