Has Stipe-Francis fight exposed Francis' poor training/coaches?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He showed zero TDD skills and zero BJJ skills on the ground.

Has he surrounded himself with 'yes people' just like Rhonda? You know, those coaches who are nothing more than glorified pad holders and who act impressed by your power and skills and call you a beast every time you hit a pad....
{<RR}

<{cruzshake}><{hughesimpress}><{nope}>

Has he surrounded himself with 'yes people' just like Rhonda? You know, those coaches who are nothing more than glorified pad holders and who act impressed by your power and skills and call you a beast every time you hit a pad....
{<RR}

I agree. I think his next fight will be more revealing of his future.

We all knew that Stipe Miocic was going to wrestle him. That is what everybody on this forum and the media was talking about. Stipe is a college wrestler.

Yet, Francis spent his entire training camp overeating and hitting pads.

If you can't beat a wrestler, you are not a good UFC fighter. Period.

all i know is that long haired dork aint a legit mma trainer/coach

idk what he was thinking but man they had him believing his own hype lol - he really thought just landing 1 big punch was for sure lock for him to win the belt and it doesnt appear he trained for any other scenarios like even if it went to the 2nd or 3rd round. all of the yes men musta been telling him stipe was gonna hit the deck the first time he lands or some shit

{<RR}

I disagree.
He is still green.
he survived because he was able to KTFO people before they took him down.

Miocic is simply on another level.
He got the Boxing skills, the wrestling and the ground game to keep him there.

Plus you don't have to be that skilled to keep a dead man on the ground.

Yeah, he was exposed. But that's mostly because people somehow assumed he got great TDD and ground game. They assumed wrong.

He’s a snowman. Weather the storm (5 minutes) and he slowly melts.

Sorry Monson not your name anymore.

no. francis looked pretty good. overall he fought a better fighter. francis gassed and stipe whooped him. but thats not on his coaches. stipe is just better. especially right now.

this fight to me was like when stipe fought JDS the first time. francis showed he has what it takes to hang in there despite the loss. people might be forgetting that stipe had a 5 fight KO streak going into the fight.

If Ngannou switches to a good fight team, he will most likely improve greatly. He's obviously got great potential, now he just needs the proper training and coaching. Sky's the limit...if he switches teams.

Probably, and not that great cardio, needs to switch camps while he still can.

Dudes only been training a few years, given that his performance wasn't too bad...
Building a fighters confidence and letting him believe in himself is an important factor, there's a balance you have to find.
Francis did have gaping holes but honestly it was impressive he managed to survive. He was still somewhat of a threat in the later rounds because he was super passive, so whenever they got separation he still had at least power, if not speed. If Stipe didn't feel threatened (not a shot at the man whatsoever) he would have triedharder to get Francis out of there before the bell.
That and Stipe also gassed (again, not a shot at the man). Its not easy outgrappling someone 20lb heavier and with obvious physical gifts..

But this Cameroonian dude is Francis' head coach AND manager.

I doubt he will let him go to a better camp.

I predict he will want to keep him which will lead to Francis not reaching his full potential and to his ultimate demise.

The only thing the fight exposed is that Francis needz more fighting toolz and smarts, he hung with the better fighter for a full 5rds and didn't fold and had his own brief moments of success. The man just needz more skillz that's it...

The only thing the fight exposed is that Francis needz more fighting toolz and smarts, he hung with the better fighter for a full 5rds and didn't fold and had his own brief moments of success.

No he hung in there for 3 minutes, then was a punching bag for the next 22 minutes.

Needs different cornermen. Putting friggen towels on the dude between rounds.

Stipe ate the punches that put everyone else out.

{<RR}

Ah DUHHHHHH ...wasteland this shit

Back